Trucking Regulations: Sleeping at weigh stations ?

here in CT, .....
Well, that's the problem right there. Ct is so screwed up financially I honestly think a statewide bankruptcy is becoming more and more possible. :( Hopefully AFTER I escape to the south!

Well, that's the problem right there. Ct is so screwed up financially I honestly think a statewide bankruptcy is becoming more and more possible. :( Hopefully AFTER I escape to the south!
actually, the gubner there has said he wants to toll ALL vehicles, not just trucks. another proposal is to tax EVERYONE a miles driven tax.....

actually, the gubner there has said he wants to toll ALL vehicles, not just trucks. another proposal is to tax EVERYONE a miles driven tax.....

That aint just there I think Oregon actually "implemented" such and now Illinois and Wisconsin are "studying" such..

Basically instead of annual plate registration its gonna be so much a mile based upon your driving

That aint just there I think Oregon actually "implemented" such and now Illinois and Wisconsin are "studying" such..

Basically instead of annual plate registration its gonna be so much a mile based upon your driving
exactly, and in CT they get discounted prices, all others pay full pricings. (at least, this is for the tolls)

i think Commiefornia started this bullshit???

that's right, gasoline/diesel sales have dipped, so they need to re-coup monies

Welp those pump Taxes are part of the Road Fund..

Wisconsin said that "Flex Fuels" n Electrics pay Double Registration..

In other words they gotta "Pay" their FAIR SHARE

Welp those pump Taxes are part of the Road Fund..

Wisconsin said that "Flex Fuels" n Electrics pay Double Registration..

In other words they gotta "Pay" their FAIR SHARE
problem Birch, is that many states DO NOT keep the money in the road fund. it goes into the "general fund" and every asshole in the state house can grab it for thier own special interests.

now BY LAW, here in MY state, ALL monies collected from the new tolls, go DIRECTLY into the road fund....

i'll believe that bullshit, when donkeys and pigs...fly

I used the ones in Florida fairly often, especially the big one on 75 South of 10 there. They haven't ever even looked my way that I'm aware of. If they have parking and I don't have a better option, then I'll park there. Usually even more peaceful than the rest areas, that is until I pull in with my reefer running. In places like that though, that don't have restrooms for my wife anyhow, I try and park away from others. Especially skateboarders, they all seem to have a thing about sleeping next to a running reefer, lol. J/K

I stop at them all the time. Sometimes if you're running at 2-3 in the morning, and need a nap, a weigh station is your best bet.

Most DOT officers will not bother you unless there's an obvious defect with your truck.

Lol, like I said, I try to seperate in places like that because I'm aware some drivers go to places like that precisely because it is generally more quiet. I even pay for parking out west partly because I know the guys on those desert sand lots park there for peace.

Ive never seen someone being bothered at night up here mn wi ia nd sd. Im usually jealous of all them buggers at 1-2-3 in the morning. then again most are closed 94/90/35/80/29

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread