Owner Operator Setting up with a broker through RIGZ

Mike

Ok, just completed the task of getting set up with a broker (Freight Dash), who goes through RIGZ to handle their setup, payments, document uploads, everything.

Couple things to note if you using a broker that deals with them.

1. They charge you a fee for each load you book. If the rate is $700+, the fee is either $30 or $35 (can't remember, but will edit with correct info). If the rate is below $700, the fee is $15.

2. During the setup process, you may need additional information. Being a single member LLC, a W9 wasn't good enough. Also had to show them my SS4, which I was totally unprepared for from the cab of the truck. Luckily, the wife was at home and able to scan it to me.

3. They also want VIN numbers on your insurance. Simply being a certificate holder isn't enough. Had to send them to my agent in order to fulfill that request. Not sure if they got it or not, but that's between them.

With RIGZ, you submit your documents directly to them, not the broker. All of your load information appears to be available through RIGZ as well. A little unsure about how this will all work, but keeping an open mind toward it.

Lots of brokers go through an outside resource to handle their carrier compliance. The difference with RIGZ is that you can also find loads through them via a truck posting tool. It will be interesting to see how this works and how many loads are available.

Fuel advances, fuel discounts, all that stuff you can get through brokers is available through these guys. Their discount for fuel is 0.20, which I declined due to better options. Advances are also something I don't use, so I didn't bother to see what their fees were.

Juts like brokers, they have their standard 30 day payment terms, or quickpay for a fee. I always go the 30 day route because I'm not into giving other people my money.

Biggest thing to remember is the booking fee, so as to factor it into your rate quotes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread