Replacing the T660 with a new Cascadia


No but it's more of an adhesion issue. Between my doors' orange peel, cold weather, and this cheap vinyl they printed it on, it just doesn't like to go on nice.

I'm gonna try to hit it more with my heat gun and see if it kind of melts into place but overall...I'm not gonna cry a river. The whole truck could use a respray.
Straight edge razor blade will take out the bubbles if you have any.
It won't be pretty but it will look better than with Bubbles.
1610759977745.webp
 
Today is the day, Hopefully.....

Bank sent ACH to fund the truck on the 14th, wasn't showing up in the system yet as of yesterday. Hoping that it showed up overnight so it will be there this morning.

Finished getting the last odd and end stuff out of the truck yesterday, good thing too as we left one of the sideboxes half-full of tools.

If I don't get out of the house and start running soon, I may never leave the house. Getting really easy to wake up in the morning to a fresh pot of coffee, hanging out with the family as one kid prepares fo the gym, the wife prepares for her gym, and the other kid prepares to go back to her bedroom for virtual school...

I had to take the trash dumpsters down to the end of the driveway this week. Yesterday, I carried towels from the laundry room into our bathroom cabinets and put them away. If I stay here much longer, they may expect me to mow the lawn...... I'm getting fearful of this increasing load of house work, LOL
 
Someone on facebook got all trucker worshippy and posted "If it weren't for truckers....all you'd have to put in your mouth is your foot."

I said...

🧏 "Actually....a lot of people put other peoples' other body parts in their mouths."
 
Funding is complete, pick the truck up Tuesday. Would have picked it up on Monday, but salesman couldn't get cleared for Covid release until Tuesday.

Vinyl lettering guy went out as well, LOL. He is back now though, sent me the proofs, and said they will have them ready to pick up Monday afternoon.

Having a single digit truck number seemed to always confuse people when checking in, so went with 10 this time.

Fridge is in the garage, will stick it in the truck on Tuesday, then plug it in Wednesday morning so it has time to settle. I've actually messed up a fridge in the past by plugging it in too soon after it laying down. Fridge is a nice size, should hold lots of beer.
I'm not questioning what ya do here @Mike ..

All I can say is Freightshaker Cascadias have a "screwy" Jake Brake system on Automatic.

Back in the Midwest at the Grain Elevators it's pretty "flat".

When I got here just over a year ago I learned "Heavy" down the Mountains means at the Top of Grade I set that cruise control 35/40 Mph and will throw me enough "Jake" to keep me about 45/50 without having to "Smoke" my Breaks down the Donner Pass like I did my 1st few times
 
I'm not questioning what ya do here @Mike ..

All I can say is Freightshaker Cascadias have a "screwy" Jake Brake system on Automatic.

Back in the Midwest at the Grain Elevators it's pretty "flat".

When I got here just over a year ago I learned "Heavy" down the Mountains means at the Top of Grade I set that cruise control 35/40 Mph and will throw me enough "Jake" to keep me about 45/50 without having to "Smoke" my Breaks down the Donner Pass like I did my 1st few times
Another thing "screwy" about a Cascadia Jake Brake is there's like a 3/5 second "Delay" even after tapping the breaks
 
Got the truck picked up today. We ran a bit late picking it up, so getting dark by the time we got back.

It’s going to take a while to get used to the auto shift. It’s just habit to go for the shifter.

60 mile bobtail trip back was nice. Truck was much more comfortable than the ride up there with the old truck.

Gotta pull the 12 volt plug out tomorrow so I will be able to properly plug the fridge in.

Was gonna get started on the IRP and permits this evening, but it can all wait til tomorrow.
 
Got the truck picked up today. We ran a bit late picking it up, so getting dark by the time we got back.

It’s going to take a while to get used to the auto shift. It’s just habit to go for the shifter.

60 mile bobtail trip back was nice. Truck was much more comfortable than the ride up there with the old truck.

Gotta pull the 12 volt plug out tomorrow so I will be able to properly plug the fridge in.

Was gonna get started on the IRP and permits this evening, but it can all wait til tomorrow.
Your old truck probably feels like a timber log roller coaster by comparison.
 
Got the truck picked up today. We ran a bit late picking it up, so getting dark by the time we got back.

It’s going to take a while to get used to the auto shift. It’s just habit to go for the shifter.

60 mile bobtail trip back was nice. Truck was much more comfortable than the ride up there with the old truck.

Gotta pull the 12 volt plug out tomorrow so I will be able to properly plug the fridge in.

Was gonna get started on the IRP and permits this evening, but it can all wait til tomorrow.
I'm not lying or bullcrapping about heavy on a downgrade in a Cascadia automatic.

Manual mode doesn't work like ya think plus the "delay" before the Jake fully kicks

Please @Mike this ain't a joke .
 
I'm not lying or bullcrapping about heavy on a downgrade in a Cascadia automatic.

Manual mode doesn't work like ya think plus the "delay" before the Jake fully kicks

Please @Mike this ain't a joke .

There is actually a specific way you are supposed to use them for long downgrades.
 
There is actually a specific way you are supposed to use them for long downgrades.
Nobody ever taught me..

Burned my brakes down the Donner Eastbound...

After that I started setting my cruise 35 at the top and that'd ride me down about 40/50 mph

Almost got rear-ended afew times too but thats the only way I can keep this under control down a mountain without smoking it.
 
All the licenses and permits are updated, the only thing I need to verify is whether I have to add the truck to the New York registration and whether Oklahoma requires the truck for intrastate. That, and I need to get some stupid engine family number off the truck to do CARB certification.

Going to get the fridge in the truck this morning, then just need to put the decals on and get all my junk into the truck.

I was able to get my Cab Card done online within a couple minutes, but I was a little uneasy about it being a temporary registration. Then, to get my title, I was going to have to mail my COO to Little Rock. With my lack of faith in the mail system, decided to just make the 220 mile drive to Little Rock. Got all the documents turned in, rather than mailed to get a permanent Cab Card (and a new license plate), and took care of the title in person. Could have mailed everything in and operated with the temp cab card, but really wasn't comfortable with any of that, especially considering one of the Christmas presents I ordered just showed up via the USPS two days ago.
 
All the licenses and permits are updated, the only thing I need to verify is whether I have to add the truck to the New York registration and whether Oklahoma requires the truck for intrastate. That, and I need to get some stupid engine family number off the truck to do CARB certification.

Going to get the fridge in the truck this morning, then just need to put the decals on and get all my junk into the truck.

I was able to get my Cab Card done online within a couple minutes, but I was a little uneasy about it being a temporary registration. Then, to get my title, I was going to have to mail my COO to Little Rock. With my lack of faith in the mail system, decided to just make the 220 mile drive to Little Rock. Got all the documents turned in, rather than mailed to get a permanent Cab Card (and a new license plate), and took care of the title in person. Could have mailed everything in and operated with the temp cab card, but really wasn't comfortable with any of that, especially considering one of the Christmas presents I ordered just showed up via the USPS two days ago.
Yes you need to get a new HUT. Ask me how I know.
 

Back
Top