Replacing the T660 with a new Cascadia


I had Arctic Fox heaters on an 89 T600 with a B Model and loved them, but that engine returned such a small amount of fuel it was pretty necessary unless cutting the fuel with #1 pretty heavy.

I am ignorant on new engines, just assumed the cycled fuel enough to keep it warm without heaters. Learn something new every day!
I have them too. I wouldn’t have spec’d them, but the truck was built to run the upper Midwest and I reckon they know something I don’t.
 
Evidently Mike's apu will keep fuel warm while the engine is shut off, or warm it up after a prolonged shutdown. That could be very handy in sub zero temperatures.
It'd sure be worth plumbing the apu coolant thru the tank heaters up the Upper Midwest. Save having to buy #1 to ensure a morning start. Although the 12v heated Davco does a fair job on cold fuel, too.
 
Getting close. Waiting for Thermoking to finish the APU and Tank Heater installs.

Farm Bureau Bank has sent me the funding document to complete, and I will be getting forms filled out for insurance as well.

Hoping the truck will be completed tomorrow.

Still waiting to hear back on the vinyl for the truck and trailer. After over three years, going to finally get the name and trailer number on the front and back of the trailer with something other than mailbox numbers :)
 
Funding is complete, pick the truck up Tuesday. Would have picked it up on Monday, but salesman couldn't get cleared for Covid release until Tuesday.

Vinyl lettering guy went out as well, LOL. He is back now though, sent me the proofs, and said they will have them ready to pick up Monday afternoon.

Having a single digit truck number seemed to always confuse people when checking in, so went with 10 this time.

Fridge is in the garage, will stick it in the truck on Tuesday, then plug it in Wednesday morning so it has time to settle. I've actually messed up a fridge in the past by plugging it in too soon after it laying down. Fridge is a nice size, should hold lots of beer.
 
We tried putting vinyl on an excavator once; didn't go well. I have our sign guy do them now.
My decals look like crap between incompetence, cheap vinyl, and cold weather. But it'll do.

I called a shop yesterday and they said they'd do it, but then I called them today like they told me to and they changed their story like they couldn't be bothered.

So screwit. I can't wait around for warm weather to put decals on and get to work. My dad and I did our best and called it good enough.
 
My decals look like crap between incompetence, cheap vinyl, and cold weather. But it'll do.

I called a shop yesterday and they said they'd do it, but then I called them today like they told me to and they changed their story like they couldn't be bothered.

So screwit. I can't wait around for warm weather to put decals on and get to work. My dad and I did our best and called it good enough.
Well at least yours look straight.

I can;t tell you how many trucks I have seen where the owner used the diagonal line on the door of a freightliner and the name is crooked. :dunno:
I guess they didn't notice the bottom of the door was a straight line to line up with.
 
My decals look like crap between incompetence, cheap vinyl, and cold weather. But it'll do.

I called a shop yesterday and they said they'd do it, but then I called them today like they told me to and they changed their story like they couldn't be bothered.

So screwit. I can't wait around for warm weather to put decals on and get to work. My dad and I did our best and called it good enough.
Did they give you the little squeegee tool? It helps for working bubbles out.
 
Did they give you the little squeegee tool? It helps for working bubbles out.
No but it's more of an adhesion issue. Between my doors' orange peel, cold weather, and this cheap vinyl they printed it on, it just doesn't like to go on nice.

I'm gonna try to hit it more with my heat gun and see if it kind of melts into place but overall...I'm not gonna cry a river. The whole truck could use a respray.
 

Back
Top