Prime Inc.

redhorse1

Does anyone have any info regarding Prime's operation and would you recommend them as someone to sign on with?

Does anyone have any info regarding Prime's operation and would you recommend them as someone to sign on with?

Do you own your own truck? I think they would be fine if that is the case.

Do not lease a truck from them though. Been there, done that, got the debt to show for it. :)

OWNER OPERATOR HAS TO HAVE MANY CUSTOMERS!!!

To anyone interested in the leasing 'fairy tale' - look up tax law and read for yourself:

..... if you earn all your income from ONE EMPLOYER YOU ARE NOT AN OWNER OPERATOR.

What you are is a company employee paying THEIR expenses while you go broke.

To anyone interested in the leasing 'fairy tale' - look up tax law and read for yourself:

..... if you earn all your income from ONE EMPLOYER YOU ARE NOT AN OWNER OPERATOR.

What you are is a company employee paying THEIR expenses while you go broke.

Well said.

When these companies lease these trucks, they not only still make their money off the freight, they make money off of you on the truck, and they help ensure themselves that you will bust your ass to get the freight delivered because you are making just enough money to hopefully show a profit while making their truck payment for them.

Simply put, of all the drivers I talked to that drove for them:

8 of them hated driving for them and said they rip them off and loads are hard to get.

2 of them said its the greatest trucking company in the world!!!

8 of them hated driving for them and said they rip them off and loads are hard to get.

I have found this in almost all cases, driver either love thier company or hate it. Very rarely a middle ground.

with all the taxes and gas prices / truck cost/ insurance costs and all the money you have to put out being an O/O i don't see how anybody can make a dolar nowadays. the only way i half see making a dollar is running with a company that is all O/O with no company drivers, like maybe DART, i think they are still all O/O.

Their truck payments are outragously high - take your own truck to them. You can get the miles with them (especially teams) was with them shortly in 2007. Lease or O/O pay is competitive. Good pet policies.

Ok So i am taking the middle ground (someone had to do it Right)
Have been driving for them for a while then took a fleece program, a death in the family helped me find some one there with a heart and i got out of it, still trying to recoup, as a company driver i dont do too badly, so for now just rollin along

Hey Redhorse, Iam currently a student here and so far I like it only been here a week. I like the displain. They put u in there hotel and feed u for free the frist week, its good chow. Hit me up if u need to know more. I wasnt sure if u had already joined or was still searching

what are you going to pull, refer, flatbed, or tanker? i am thinking (very hard by the way) about going with them and pulling tankers. i have hazmat, tanker, and doubles and triples. i will only be a company driver! if i decide i want to be an O/O then i will save my money and pay cash for my truck. i have several years of driving experience but never over the road. i think you should have several years experience otr before you jump in with both feet, but hey, thats just me. any info would help with my decision making process. thanks.

Hey Redhorse, Iam currently a student here and so far I like it only been here a week. I like the displain. They put u in there hotel and feed u for free the frist week, its good chow. Hit me up if u need to know more. I wasnt sure if u had already joined or was still searching

Redhorse's post occurred on 10-12-2007. I betcha' he's made up his mind by this time.

Hey Brother,
They only have a few tankers and require experience, just perfect for you. If you do decide to come wait till after the holidays. They are short on instructors. If I was you I would try and find a Prime truck and ask them if they are a trainer and see if they will give you there number so you will only have to be here a couple of days. I really do like what I see so far. Hotel not bad, food not bad. Iam ex military so this fits me good. If you have any questions give me a call and I can try and get some answers for you.

865-335-3887

I would like to post to this thread that I have nothing but good stuff to say about Prime. I leave out Sat morning and my short time here has been excellent. They are very perfessional and helpfull. I will give one pointer get CDL permit before comming.

I would like to post to this thread that I have nothing but good stuff to say about Prime. I leave out Sat morning and my short time here has been excellent. They are very perfessional and helpfull. I will give one pointer get CDL permit before comming.

You are new to the industry and are already leasing a truck?? I hope it works out for you. I think they cut their trucks back again. They must be governed around 57 or so. I don't understand why these companies put these huge horsepower engines under their hoods then castrates them. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread