OEM SmartNav - Radio

Cbarnes04

Hey everyone, I recently purchased a 2019 Peterbilt 389. The truck has the SmartNav head unit installed. I'm looking to upgrade the sound system in the truck and I'm curious as if anyone has ran an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer in their truck with the smartnav installed. Obviously I could pull this unit out and replace with an aftermarket radio but I really like the OEM look and functionality of it. My question, is there RCA's behind the radio to run for a subwoofer, or do I have to use line out converters and go off of speakers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I would normally take a Sunday night and pull the dash to find out myself but the truck is currently at the body shop getting some "extra goodies" paint matched and installed and won't have the truck back for a week or so.

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• 39635-full.jpg
    39635-full.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 8
Hey did you ever upgrade your audio system? Just got my 2020 567 and the premium audio is junk I cant believe how junk I could barely hear a call I took via bluetooth. Looking to upgrade as well!

Hey did you ever upgrade your audio system? Just got my 2020 567 and the premium audio is junk I cant believe how junk I could barely hear a call I took via bluetooth. Looking to upgrade as well!
Pete sound systems ain’t what they were in the 379s that’s for sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread