Life in Sector 7 G.

I didn't know that they still made Ref/Fre's that had to be manually defrosted. :headscratch2:

I am a good son.
Mom was looking for a new car and I found one online not far away.
She was all paranoid that might get sold so she wanted to go there right away.
The sales guy tried to give here the wrong car to test drive. The first car they gave her had 116 miles on it. The car that she went there to buy had only 24 miles on it.
IMO the first one they gave her was a Demo car with 116 miles on it.
The second one and the one she wanted to buy only had 24 miles on it and that is like a trip around the assembly plant's test track and a couple times on and of the truck maybe, a few test drives.
Maybe @Hammer166 can confirm on what kind of mileage new cars are delivered to dealers with

(yes I converted the KMs to actual Miles so you simpletons wouldn't have do it for your self and also to avoid all your lame assed metric jokes that are piteous at best.):p

I am a good son.
Mom was looking for a new car and I found one online not far away.
She was all paranoid that might get sold so she wanted to go there right away.
The sales guy tried to give here the wrong car to test drive. The first car they gave her had 116 miles on it. The car that she went there to buy had only 24 miles on it.
IMO the first one they gave her was a Demo car with 116 miles on it.
The second one and the one she wanted to buy only had 24 miles on it and that is like a trip around the assembly plant's test track and a couple times on and of the truck maybe, a few test drives.
Maybe @Hammer166 can confirm on what kind of mileage new cars are delivered to dealers with

(yes I converted the KMs to actual Miles so you simpletons wouldn't have do it for your self and also to avoid all your lame assed metric jokes that are piteous at best.):p
Only brand new car I ever bought had 8 miles on it. But it also had a dead battery when I went to look at it. 😃

I feel bad for people who can't DIY for whatever reason. A grand for brakes is nuts.

Maybe I should start doing that stuff for a living.
When you get "Older" you'll often be "Happy" 😊 to part with your cash and just let somebody else do it while snoozing on the couch instead of stretched out on the driveway under you car ...then you can't find a socket or a special screwdriver bit for a weird one gotta got running to the hardware store buy that.

And the classic Oops Told the guy at Napa wrong model or was off by a year or two now I gotta go back with the receipt and get the right Stuff..

Yeah when I was younger and "broke" had often no choice but to change my own oil and do my own brakes..

Today I "outsource" that kinda stuff and enjoy my spare time.

Your choice. I won't let people touch my equipment unless I can't do it, or I don't have the proper equipment. In which case I stand right over the top of them.

I'm not young anymore and I'm not broke. I just choose to do it myself so that I know it's done right.

Reactions: AK7
When you get "Older" you'll often be "Happy" 😊 to part with your cash and just let somebody else do it while snoozing on the couch instead of stretched out on the driveway under you car ...then you can't find a socket or a special screwdriver bit for a weird one gotta got running to the hardware store buy that.

And the classic Oops Told the guy at Napa wrong model or was off by a year or two now I gotta go back with the receipt and get the right Stuff..

Yeah when I was younger and "broke" had often no choice but to change my own oil and do my own brakes..

Today I "outsource" that kinda stuff and enjoy my spare time.
Brakes are so easy it's silly to spend a grand having someone else do it when you're capable.

My step grandfather tore down motors at the age of 78 in his little shed.

Pretty good day at the plant, We got Amazon Fire TV sticks. That was for 2,000,000 man hours of no accidents or to put it another way, everyone went 2,00,000 man hours without choking another worker. Well done! :thumbsup:
Also they had a BBQ, burgers, chicken burgers or things made of plant posing as burgers. One of the guys asked me if I tried the veggie burger?
No I in fact did not try the veggie burger because they had actual real burgers made from beef, why would I try a veggie thing?:toothpick:
Probably Friday they will be handing out sample bags, Samples of all the products we make. When I say sample I mean actual full sized bottles of stuff we make not hotel or airplane sized

Any way, moving on..... I am still very much considering going back to work for the rail. Hostler, Top-lift or even groundman anything really because I hate the trucking industry.
I liked working at the rail, I liked it a lot but my life was very different back then to what it is now. I am told it's called getting old.(er)

Pretty cool because of aforementioned BBQ things were pretty slow at the plant and today was the day my mother was picking up her new car.
The dealership is maybe a mile and a half from the plant so I took the truck to the dealer so I could be there for her big day driving her new car off the lot.

@Rigjockey , if you don't own that FireTV Stik, don't knock it. It's a great thing for anyone that watches a lot of multiple venue type of shows. From 60 years ago to today. It'll take you a bit to learn it if you are not a geek, but it has more to offer then you may realize.

@Rigjockey , if you don't own that FireTV Stik, don't knock it. It's a great thing for anyone that watches a lot of multiple venue type of shows. From 60 years ago to today. It'll take you a bit to learn it if you are not a geek, but it has more to offer then you may realize.
I am very appreciative for the gift the plant gave me I am always grateful for any gift I am given.
I am not one of those ungrateful folks that complain about something that someone had to come up with the idea for a gift and then order like 700 of them.

I have the Google thing-a-ma-jig that is kinda the same as the fire stick.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth they say.

Maybe I should start doing that stuff for a living.
You hurt yourself driving a truck, lol.

Turning wrenches 8-10 hours a day wears a person down.

People like me can do it, but did it long enough that we simply don’t want to anymore. Much better to drop my truck off somewhere, go have fun spending my money for a couple days, then go back to work.

Making a living, then spending your off time working in on what makes your living, only to take a shower and go back out making a living again is both physically and mentally unhealthy.

I hear ya. I can do most work but by-laws prohibit some of it.
I feel sorry for people like my friend that have no mechanical ability like can't even change a signal light, and you call yourself a man?
By-laws?

You mean like HOA bullshit? 🤔

You hurt yourself driving a truck, lol.

Turning wrenches 8-10 hours a day wears a person down.

People like me can do it, but did it long enough that we simply don’t want to anymore. Much better to drop my truck off somewhere, go have fun spending my money for a couple days, then go back to work.

Making a living, then spending your off time working in on what makes your living, only to take a shower and go back out making a living again is both physically and mentally unhealthy.
I hurt myself on a defective landing gear because I was too stubborn to say f this. Brakes on a passenger vehicle are nothing.

Brakes on a big truck are nothing too, if you have the right equipment for the job. There are a lot of tools made today to take the 'bust ass' part out of the job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread