Life in Sector 7 G.

quillcom

lame assed metric jokes that are piteous at best.)
Dumb question.

Do the vehicles in Canada have km/h over mph as opposed to mph over km/h the way it is here in the states?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
I am shunter guy and they expect that I get it right every time and I do! Most times.
Sometimes, not often but some times they will complain that the trailer is crooked. This is not possible.
I go and I look at the trailer and the dock plate. I tell them, No. Trailer is straight, you need to contact building maintenance.
Building is crooked!

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Some do that and some don't use mph at all

View attachment 85589View attachment 85590
I remember when Canada went metric, they had clear stickers to place on the speedometer because cars only had MPH on the display.
So you would put these stickers at the appropriate points on the dial like 100 km is 62 MPH.
I think Trudeau 1.0 BETA Test was in power. It was the 70s and what they did the sneaky bastards was drop the highway speed by 10 kms when they changed the signage.

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Slow as molasses in February!
The plant is incredibly slow due to a lack of components because of problems in the supply chain and due to an inability to attract workers to work on the line.
Umm, I don't know maybe pay more money :dunno: Ya that idea gets shot down every time. :thumbsup:

I don't mind it being slow. I get paid the same no matter if we are busy or slow

Electric Chicken

Premium
Slow as molasses in February!
The plant is incredibly slow due to a lack of components because of problems in the supply chain and due to an inability to attract workers to work on the line.
Umm, I don't know maybe pay more money :dunno: Ya that idea gets shot down every time. :thumbsup:

I don't mind it being slow. I get paid the same no matter if we are busy or slow
Until it's dead and your ass is out.

Users who are viewing this thread