Life in Sector 7 G.

I scored a free hat today. The guy that fixes the tow motors gave me a hat from his company.
I really have no dealings with this guy or his company, but he is a hell of a nice guy that I always wave or talk to.

Actually I may have helped him out when I started refusing to haul their forklifts in my dry van, Because IMO, not safe. So now his company has to come and pick them up on a flat bed. They charge good money for that.

I scored a free hat today. The guy that fixes the tow motors gave me a hat from his company.
I really have no dealings with this guy or his company, but he is a hell of a nice guy that I always wave or talk to.

Actually I may have helped him out when I started refusing to haul their forklifts in my dry van, Because IMO, not safe. So now his company has to come and pick them up on a flat bed. They charge good money for that.

Once at Portage Petro north of Madison WI...

Just 4 "fueling" I scored me a Petro T-Shirt & a Cap

Im "sure" the SHUNTERS are being paid MUCH BETTER...

Ya wouldnt belive what they can do with a STERLING ...which stopped being produced about 2008/2009..

I was Talkimg about Security Guards and Window People..

"Not" YARD folks
Yeah that bunch barely knew they were in the world. A small dog on a short chain would have been equally effective and dare I say cheaper.

Yeah that bunch barely knew they were in the world. A small dog on a short chain would have been equally effective and dare I say cheaper.
About 13 years before I started shunting where I shunt, I was there to do a pick up and I saw this same driver come in and out and back in and out before I was even assigned a door.
I got a door and that same son of a bitch was still coming in and out while I was waiting to get loaded.

I went in to sign the bills once I was loaded and I asked the shipper why this guy had come in a and out so many times and I just got loaded.
Shipper says, he is the shunt driver, he brings in the product that we load on your truck.

:rolllaugh:Now I am that Son of a Bitch shunt driver that goes in and out while drivers wait.

I can put that back in. No way of me being able to tell what it is though, and if it profanity, it will go out on the newsletter as the word, and not the asterisk.

Been a lot of profanity in thread titles lately, which was never supposed to be allowed.
Ida changed it to BS

Meh :dunno:

About 13 years before I started shunting where I shunt, I was there to do a pick up and I saw this same driver come in and out and back in and out before I was even assigned a door.
I got a door and that same son of a ***** was still coming in and out while I was waiting to get loaded.

I went in to sign the bills once I was loaded and I asked the shipper why this guy had come in a and out so many times and I just got loaded.
Shipper says, he is the shunt driver, he brings in the product that we load on your truck.

:rolllaugh:Now I am that Son of a ***** shunt driver that goes in and out while drivers wait.
Thats just "messed" up...

Idve been "kicking" somebodys ass or "atleast" got my butt kicked...

And looking 4 another job Next Week

My worst day ever was when I had a drop on the west side of Atlanta and another drop on the east side of Atlanta and then my backhaul was on the west side of Atlanta.
Dispatch must have been laughing their asses off:rolllaugh::idiot:
If my FM said hey we got this run we want you to do, first drop west second drop east. I would of been like find something else man.

It’s just not the same. “Here today” just had a more homey feelin about. Comfortable, a place to put your feet up and relax, drink a few and catch up on the daily interactions. Shrug off the stress so to speak.

This place feels cold and awkward. :harumph:

It’s just not the same. “Here today” just had a more homey feelin about. Comfortable, a place to put your feet up and relax, drink a few and catch up on the daily interactions. Shrug off the stress so to speak.

That's only because you haven't stained his new couch yet.

Dial up channel 19, come back?

You'll feel right at home drivah!

Today was the BBQ at the plant, so you get inline and the lady asks if you want hotdog or hamburger buns and how many. It was a tiny Asian lady and I ask her for hamburger bun. she right away says, Oh, You gonna have two for sure!
:rolllaugh3:

Today was the BBQ at the plant, so you get inline and the lady asks if you want hotdog or hamburger buns and how many. It was a tiny Asian lady and I ask her for hamburger bun. she right away says, Oh, You gonna have two for sure!
That's called karma.

Twinkie boy

Its always funny when Asians call me fat.

They don't see it as an insult. At least the Japanese don't.

My sister has some funny stories about her trip to Hiroshima and Kyoto.

The BBQ carried on into the morning when I came into work. The midnight shift was out there in the dark BBQ'ing and eating, But they are day sleepers.

So, ya, I walk into 5 loads that need to be moved. i take the first load to the warehouse and there are 2 loads on the floor from last night. Forklift guy was like I have to clear these loads from last night before i start on today's loads. No he didn't, they could have sat there while he unloaded live trailers.
He is just an old guy set in his ways. He figured he was screwing the company by doing this, Those loads on floor could have waited until later No, he screwed himself because I brought down 3 loads and my partner brought another one, so like 4 loads.
Now he is behind 4 loads.

This is the smartest man in the warehouse (in his opinion). These guys are set in their ways and there is no point in trying to change them or the way things are done.

Anyway, 4 loads behind, You put yourself behind the 8 ball.:thumbsup:

Somebody just got shot outside my window about an hour ago. I turned on the news and they say he died in the hospital not far from here.

I have work in the morning so it is bedtime soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread