Life in Sector 7 G.

I still have several packages in the freezer. I don't know what I did wrong. I cut the very tops off, vacuumed sealed them, dry, no residual water from washing, then placed them in the freezer. The first package that I opened to put into a marinara sauce, (I use the white bulb part) was mushy. Not firm and crisp like I was expecting. I used it anyway because it was going to be cooked down and then, chopped up the green tops for toppings on baked taters and such. The flavor was still there, just the texture was wrong.
I've had some that turned out like that.

When you wash yours, do you hold each piece with the open ends facing down so water doesn't get inside?

I've had some that turned out like that.

When you wash yours, do you hold each piece with the open ends facing down so water doesn't get inside?
Now, that part I never thought about. But, ASSuming that they would dry when held bulb up to dry them would be a given.

I have a new small crop on the way before the colder temps set in. We'll see what happens then. Even mushy, they are better than the hot house grown stuff from the stores.

Now, that part I never thought about. But, ASSuming that they would dry when held bulb up to dry them would be a given.

I have a new small crop on the way before the colder temps set in. We'll see what happens then. Even mushy, they are better than the hot house grown stuff from the stores.
Mine is grown from the bulb ends of grocery store green onion.

I discovered this by accident.

I never use the white ends, and early this spring I threw some in a pot of dirt I grew garlic in, thinking they'd rot & fertilize the garlic.

Them sumbiches grew, and they grew tall, like almost 3 feet, and an inch wide at the bottom.

So I filled a little utility tub with green onion bottoms and they all grew, just not as tall as the stuff in the garlic pots.

I simply poked a hole in the dirt with my finger and dropped them in there and added water.

I had to install a new light fixture today, the 1968 one wasn't working any more.
I got that intalled in about 15-20 mins not reading the instructions because, Who needs instructions.

The good news is...Nobody got electrocuted.
The bad news is...Nobody got electrocuted.

If I die in an electrical fire I will post it here. :thumbsup:

Toronto Blue Jays lost the first wildcard game 4-0. Zip, Zero Nadda.

I have to give respect to the Marinar's pitcher Castillo, He went 7 innings, could have closed out the game but they pulled after a wild pitch hit a batter in the 7th.

Sure there were a couple of bad home plate calls but nothing that would really change the outcome. (Can't wait for automated machines or at the very least the right to dispute a bad call).

Anyways, Seattle just played better than the Jays did.

The Jays are out! Swept in the wildcard. They blew an 8-1 lead to lose 11-9.
Un****ingbeleivable. So many mistakes and so much blame to go around from the manager to Bo Bichette and I have a Bichette jersey.
Seriously, You don't pull your pitcher after 6 innings when he is on fire 🔥 IMO he could have closed out the game or at least another 1 or 2 innings. this is why you pay this guy millions! Let him do his job.

Wow, just Wow!

I went to see my Dad today in the home. He has suffered a few strokes and has dementia. He was pretty lucid today.
He was asking why I was not working. I guess he is used to me always working but I don't do that anymore because, what is the point?
He even remembered the company I am working for, that was surprising because I have been through more than a few.

We always had this thing where we would shake hands hard and see who would give, It was always me.
Now these days he is not as strong but he still has strength and that is a good thing.
On the way out I was looking at the dinner menu and they had butter chicken. I was like, I am staying for dinner. LOL!

Hard for me to believe that they are still making visitors wear masks in the long term care homes and I said that when I was there.
I thought you folks were followers of science and masks are useless.

I can't believe we are still doing this whole Covid thing two years later.
Two weeks to flatten the curve they said.

Such bullshit, But, this is the last stranglehold the government has.
Three vaccines so I could see my Dad.

Today my mom treated me to takeout dinner it came in a Bowl with a lid and I was thinking oh this is good I can reuse this bowl.
Nope, can't reuse the bowl because it is paper. So it goes in the recycling ♻️ bin right away, rather than me being able to re-use a plastic bowl over and over again and then recycle it.

Honestly, I have to wonder if these environmentalists ever fully think these things through.

The Toronto Maple Laughs are out of the Play-offs.

No the NHL season has not started yet. I know because they ain't won a cup in 55 years.

Today my mom treated me to takeout dinner it came in a Bowl with a lid and I was thinking oh this is good I can reuse this bowl.
Nope, can't reuse the bowl because it is paper. So it goes in the recycling ♻️ bin right away, rather than me being able to re-use a plastic bowl over and over again and then recycle it.

Honestly, I have to wonder if these environmentalists ever fully think these things through.
Kind of like how they made it so the garbage man can't take old paint cans with anything in them, old tires, etc.

You have to take them somewhere (where exactly I have no idea) and pay some kind of disposal fee.

So trashy people simply throw those items in the ditches on country back roads or in the rivers.

Me, I wait til after dark and burn it out back.

All those hydrocarbons going into the atmosphere,... because of the environmentalists trying to save the world from pollution. 🙄

Today I went to buy rings and lids for pickling at Canadian tire ( crappy tire). They sell everything from automotive parts, hardware, tools and kitchen stuff.
They only had the lids and only wide-mouth rings I needed the not so wide mouth type. Probably known as regular by normal people.

It is a smaller store. I am sure the other nearby store would have the rings I want but, that is on the other side of the tracks (literally rail road tracks) and I don't go to the wrong side of the tracks if I can avoid it and I did avoid it.

Hey RJ, I've always wondered this and wanted to ask you.

Do you guys up there use coordinates at all when going anywhere. Trucking and in general do you guys do the longitude and latitude thingy at all?

I know google maps has that feature, is this something that use to be a thing long time ago?

Do you guys up there use coordinates at all when going anywhere. Trucking and in general do you guys do the longitude and latitude thingy at all?

I know google maps has that feature, is this something that use to be a thing long time ago?
I have never heard of anyone using that except pilots.

It'd be really damn handy for some of these job sites I have to go to. I've had a few send me pins on Google maps but never just coordinates.

We still have desk jockeys sending desk jockeys nearest 911 numbers that may or may not even be the right town let alone anywhere near where you ACTUALLY need to be. Least ways most of the time you get the phone number of someone who has an actual clue: except for when it's yet another half wit desk jockey. 🤬🤬🤬

I decided to re-watch Encino man for some reason, Bud-dy.
For some reason Disney+ changed the name-age to California man.

I looked up the reason for the name change-age thinking it was some woke shit.
Nope! It was because they thought people outside the U.S. would not relate to Encino but would relate to California Bud-dy.
:foreheadslap: :foreheadslap: :foreheadslap:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread