Let's argue about your bad taste in music.

I don't know if anybody is into outlaw country/road house music/Americana or whatever the current name is but check out Ryan Bingham and the Dead Horses(wrote and performed on the movie Crazy Heart) went instantly to the head of the playlist at the shop. Guess Who's Knocking(unreleased to you common folk) is a kickass drinking song.

[MENTION=2662]boone315[/MENTION] did you go see that Maiden show yet?

and speaking of remakes...I used to despise them. But lately there have been a few bands that have redone songs and kept them true, but with more metal, and metal is a good thing.

[video=youtube_share;DJrz1yofoKg]http://youtu.be/DJrz1yofoKg[/video]

Metallica
Van Halens first album...The only good record they ever made
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Buddy Guy
Albert King
Junior Brown
Gin Blossoms
Elvis Costello
Beatles
Merle Haggard
George Jones
Rodney Crowell
Miranda Lambert
Jerry Reed
Chet atkins
Queen
Led Zeppelin
Ozzie
ZZ Top
George Thorogood
Fabulous Thunderbirds....And many more.

[video=youtube;pjkLf_X88WM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjkLf_X88WM[/video]

The BEST country song ever!

Well Ok it aint the best..........but its damn funny

5FDP
Pantera
Sepultra
Volbeat
Megadeath
Lamb of God
Machine Head
Pink Floyd
Metallica (Up to the black album)
Jimi Hendrix
Janis Joplin
Otherwise
In this Moment
Genesis
Halestorm
Sabbath (with Ozzy)
Maiden
Judas Priest
Dead Kennedy's
Sex Pistols
Hank Williams Sr and Jr
Mozart
Tchaikovsky
Chuck Berry
Jerry Lee Lewis
Lithium Highway...........

Incomplete list but that is a sample

Why I love having Sirius.My taste would require a suitcase to keep enough music for me.

That song above is freakin awesome btw. And that band is really good.

And this cracks me the hell up, though I don't get the Rack City reference at the end, because that is one rap song I absolutely cannot tolerate for many reasons...

anyway...here's the funny:

"caught in a mudslide, eaten by a lion...
...why'd you leave on Yom Kippur...."

LMAO!!!!

[video=youtube_share;GSBFehvLJDc]http://youtu.be/GSBFehvLJDc[/video]

King Diamond
Reverend Bizarre
Pentagram (the US band, not the South American one)
Witchfinder General
Pagan Altar
The Lord Weird Slough Feg
Witchfynde
Electric Wizard
Trouble
Angel Witch
Count Raven
Mirror of Deception
The Gates of Slumber
Eyehategod
Manilla Road
Judas Priest
Girlschool
Solstice
Carnivore
Solitude Aeturnus
Black Sabbath
Hammers of Misfortune
Tygers of Pan Tang
Morbid Angel
Iron Maiden
Saxon
Cirith Ungol
Candlemass
Megadeth
Burning Saviours
Cloven Hoof
Coven (I have three bands by this name, actually, including the one which famous for their version of One Tin Soldier)
Unholy
Portishead
Doomsword
Brocas Helm
Samson
Venom
Mercy
Fall Of the Idols
Mercyful Fate
Minotauri
Witchcraft
Chateaux
Spiritus Mortis
Blitzkrieg
Adramelch
Slayer
Danzig
Isole
Witch Mountain
Tristitia
Deicide
Doro
Guns N' Roses
Saint Vitus
Orne
Black Widow
B.B. King
Jex Thoth
After Forever

I think I'm getting a little carried away.

What I'm listening to at the moment..

[video=youtube;DoBxUUTBk0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoBxUUTBk0w[/video]

Lamb of God's Randy Blythe acquitted of manslaughter - CNN.com

This is pretty huge in the music world. Well...the metal world anyway. It's freakin...HUGE.

Blythe declined to talk to the press after the trial but told the court earlier he was ready to face the music. "As I've stated previously, I do not wish to avoid my responsibility, and if I thought I were guilty I would plead guilty right now," he said. "I still believe I acted responsibly to protect myself, my band, our equipment, and our audience. I did not strike anyone or run across the stage to push anyone," as one witness had claimed.

[video=youtube_share;kfRCOkR3bNg]http://youtu.be/kfRCOkR3bNg[/video]

RIP Stompin' Tom Connors age 77

From the staff at A-C-T Records Presents: The Official Stompin' Tom Connors Website

We must regretfully announce today the passing of the Great and Patriotic Stompin' Tom Connors. He died this March 6th 2013 with his Family seeing him off. His family have given us a message from Tom that he wanted passed along to all of you upon his death:

"Hello friends, I want all my fans, past, present, or future, to know that without you, there would have not been any Stompin' Tom."

"It was a long hard bumpy road, but this great country kept me inspired with it's beauty, character, and spirit, driving me to keep marching on and devoted to sing about its people and places that make Canada the greatest country in the world."

"I must now pass the torch, to all of you, to help keep the Maple Leaf flying high, and be the Patriot Canada needs now and in the future."

"I humbly thank you all, one last time, for allowing me in your homes, I hope I continue to bring a little bit of cheer into your lives from the work I have done."

Sincerely,

Your Friend always,

Stompin' Tom Connors

That guy really sounds Canadian.

Was he himself a Newfie?

Born in Saint John, NB, so out in that general direction. Dude was a legend here in Canuckistan. I probably saw him a half dozen times playing in various bars. Up until a few years ago, he still used to stomp his way through a 3/4" piece of plywood during a show.

Good drinking music for sure, lol.

Stompin' Tom Connors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Born in Saint John, NB, so out in that general direction. Dude was a legend here in Canuckistan. I probably saw him a half dozen times playing in various bars. Up until a few years ago, he still used to stomp his way through a 3/4" piece of plywood during a show.

Good drinking music for sure, lol.

Stompin' Tom Connors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I saw Stompin' Tom when I was a kid. He was truly Canadian Original. Stomping a board into saw dust keeping time with the music.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread