I’m getting tired of being flipped the bird....

I also suspect the same thing, but nothing in the words you quoted actually support that theory. He simply expresses frustration with slowpokes and says that he passes them. Nothing wrong with that.

Not that I'm trying to defend him though. I just don't like it when people read things in a post that aren't there.
i read between the lines, and his past postings about his driving, attitude, also from another website he an i were on, and he got banned.... etc,etc. i recall warning the mods here and i think you were still a mod back then when he joined........

Last edited:
I don’t have all day to futz around following Granny Edsel doing 5-10 under the speed limit :thefinger:

Honest to gosh a guy driving a Dodge Ram 4x4 STOPPED in the middle of the road, to let oncoming traffic in the OTHER lane go by, so he didn’t have to drive through a PUDDLE :foreheadslap:

The best is when people get upset when I pass 5 or 6 vehicles in one shot, on two lane. Hey, learn to pass, learn where the fun pedal is, maybe then you won’t be behind me. It’s even funnier when you have a trailer on and I’m still walking the dog out and around slow people :D

But being honked at and being flipped off ALL the time gets old. I’m not sure why this a thing these days
You'll be a granny something some day- keep that in mind- patience is a virtue.

You'll be a granny something some day- keep that in mind- patience is a virtue.
I was told when I started OTR that there was a mindset of “gotta go gotta go”
It’s true

I don’t like being held up
Maybe later in life I’ll slow down

It’s true

I was told when I started OTR, you're a professional driver, act like it. Of course there are professional drivers who gotta go- but everyone they're driving with are too, and they usually turn left a lot-

Trust me, learning to be patient will increase your longevity- it'll lower your blood pressure and help you relax and smell the roses ;)

I was told when I started OTR, you're a professional driver, act like it. Of course there are professional drivers who gotta go- but everyone they're driving with are too, and they usually turn left a lot-

Trust me, learning to be patient will increase your longevity- it'll lower your blood pressure and help you relax and smell the roses ;)
I’m probably more patient in the big horse than I am in my personal truck.

Usually

There are times when it’s go time and times when it’s lay back time

I’m probably more patient in the big horse than I am in my personal truck.
Try driving a Kenworth with an automatic. That's a test of f*ing patience.

Even with an empty trailer, from a dead stop, you can floor it and it won't get moving any faster than it would with a loaded trailer. It won't skip gears and each shift takes like two whole seconds.

Last edited:

Even with an empty trailer, from a dead stop, you can floor it and it won't get moving any faster than it would with a loaded trailer. It won't skip gears and each shift takes like two whole seconds.
I did it for a few days with a 4 axle end dump while my pony pup was in the shop. I decided right then if they try to put me in one of those **** suckers permanently I'll be done directly. That's more patience than I have.

Road tested a Mack auto once and that was enough to lose interest in that job. The money wasn't there anyway. My last job had one Volvo auto I used occasionally and this one has some auto 579s. Equally as painful. Most of our trucks are 18s. I dunno why on earth they would buy automatics when everything we do is 120,000 plus......

I did it for a few days with a 4 axle end dump while my pony pup was in the shop. I decided right then if they try to put me in one of those **** suckers permanently I'll be done directly. That's more patience than I have.

Road tested a Mack auto once and that was enough to lose interest in that job. The money wasn't there anyway. My last job had one Volvo auto I used occasionally and this one has some auto 579s. Equally as painful. Most of our trucks are 18s. I dunno why on earth they would buy automatics when everything we do is 120,000 plus......
1996 kenworth t800 | Heavy Trucks | Thunder Bay | Kijiji

It’s in North Bay, not Thunder Bay

It’s true

I think that’s a person’s mentality. I don’t have to go fast, and if I’m held up by something oh well I’ll get there when I get there. My mentality is keep the ****ing left door closed. If I don’t need fuel or a bathroom now. I don’t need to stop.

Eaton’s automated transmission is a piece of shit and it’s the only thing I truly hate about the truck I’m in now. They are trying to compete with Volvo and Detroit but both the Ishift and the DT12 will start in like 5th gear empty then go to 9th then 12th or whatever top hole is. Eaton’s shift every gear and never down shift piece of junk needs to be a boat anchor or fish habitats.

I think that’s a person’s mentality. I don’t have to go fast, and if I’m held up by something oh well I’ll get there when I get there. My mentality is keep the ****ing left door closed. If I don’t need fuel or a bathroom now. I don’t need to stop.
I agree, but if the chance is there to pass a slow moving vehicle in front of me, I’m taking it. Maybe it is a persons mentality, but I’d rather do 70 all day instead of 60.

I agree, but if the chance is there to pass a slow moving vehicle in front of me, I’m taking it. Maybe it is a persons mentality, but I’d rather do 70 all day instead of 60.

Which is fine.

The question is, what are you doing to be flipped off all the time? If you are simply driving in a civil manner, then passing when it is safe to do so, it’s very seldom that anybody is going to get angry and make this sort of gesture at you.

Do you do like many other do who are in a hurry and tailgate the vehicle you are going to pass until you jump out like you pants are on fire to pass? Today, this gets on my nerves, but I don’t react. In my youth, probably would have gotten a rock or a coke bottle thrown at you.

If you’re passing me with an open deck full of rocks and busting my windshield as you pass, probably still gonna get whatever I can find thrown at you unless you are willing to stop and hand over my insurance deductible.

Which is fine.

The question is, what are you doing to be flipped off all the time? If you are simply driving in a civil manner, then passing when it is safe to do so, it’s very seldom that anybody is going to get angry and make this sort of gesture at you.

Do you do like many other do who are in a hurry and tailgate the vehicle you are going to pass until you jump out like you pants are on fire to pass? Today, this gets on my nerves, but I don’t react. In my youth, probably would have gotten a rock or a coke bottle thrown at you.

If you’re passing me with an open deck full of rocks and busting my windshield as you pass, probably still gonna get whatever I can find thrown at you unless you are willing to stop and hand over my insurance deductible.
All depends on the day, what I’m driving and where.

Those groups of slow jackwads are irritating. Where one guy does the speed limit or slightly under and it bunches up traffic. People are scared to pass or something, I don’t know. Sometimes I can get around 5 or 6 cars in one shot, other times there’s not enough room and I can only get around 2-3 cars at once. The people “stuck” in the group usually get mad when I shoehorn 22’ of truck in the middle of the pack. Learn to drive and learn to pass :thefinger:

Why some people are scared to pass farm equipment is another one. There’s no rules stating we have an order to pass in. Don’t get mad at me that YOU think I should’ve let you pass first, because you were in front of me. That’s why it’s called PASSING, I’m moving around SLOW people, which is YOU bumbling along behind a tractor.

Another jackwagon was futzing along and flipped me off when I passed him, the dust I kicked up was too much for him to see through I guess :foreheadslap:

No, I generally don’t tailgate. I don’t understand why you want to follow that close. Nor do I like being in a group of vehicles. I’ll follow at a distance, when there’s room and it’s safe I’ll pull out and pass.

In the big horse? All the time. I can pretty much guarantee I’ll get flipped off at least once every time in Detroit. Those stupid little merge lanes don’t give cars enough time to get up to speed, they end up having to panic brake and dive for the shoulder. Usually followed by the horn and flipping me off.

Actually coming north into Detroit a couple months ago, the right lane ended for construction and I had to merge left. I put my turn signal on and started looking for a hole to open up. Some dingbat in a Pontiac started swerving her car at me, honking, flipping me off, just came off her rocker. I let her get ahead of me and merged left. Crazy :coocoo:

Don’t even get me started on three lane passing lanes. Like in the UP in MI or Hwy 11/17 in ON. People futz along doing the speed limit or under UNTIL you hit a passing lane THEN speed up :mad:

I should actually find out the rule on this, but as far as I know, if you’re following a slow moving vehicle, you don’t HAVE to pass in a designated passing area, whether an extra lane or dotted lines. I believe you can pass a slow moving vehicle as long as it’s safe to do so.

Ok so when I cross into the USA I kind of expect it. Usually once a day someone gets upset and down goes the window and out goes the arm.

Whatever. It doesn’t offend me and depending on the situation I know I’ve earned it.

HOWEVER driving my personal truck I don’t get why people get upset when I pass them. Not a word of a lie three different people at separate spots today flipped me off.

Look it. It’s a passing zone. You’re driving slow. What’s the problem?

Even IF it’s not a passing zone, you’re driving slow I’m passing your junk.

So WHAT is the problem if I pass you? You obviously don’t think this is a race or you’d be driving faster :confused-96:

So why am I the jerk for being a superior driver?

Dumbasses

I had a solution for that ...

Once years ago to pay off my Child Support I drove weekends for a small Ma & Pa outfit with only 4 or 5 running trucks and maybe 10 trailers..

Welp used to go back n forth to near Detroit and sometimes my load wasnt ready so Id go sit at the "Detroiter" 10 miles down the road nap n burn my Ihop cuopons..

Anyhow the old "Detroiter" used to sell these goofy bumper stickers...one said "Flip Me Off like you really Mean It"

I bought the "remaining" handful off the rack for $3 a piece..

Had enough to stick on half our trailers..

They never did find out who though it seemed to have an effect if ya pulled one of em

Never got flipped the bird with that bumpersticker on the doors

All depends on the day, what I’m driving and where.

Those groups of slow jackwads are irritating. Where one guy does the speed limit or slightly under and it bunches up traffic. People are scared to pass or something, I don’t know. Sometimes I can get around 5 or 6 cars in one shot, other times there’s not enough room and I can only get around 2-3 cars at once. The people “stuck” in the group usually get mad when I shoehorn 22’ of truck in the middle of the pack. Learn to drive and learn to pass :thefinger:

Why some people are scared to pass farm equipment is another one. There’s no rules stating we have an order to pass in. Don’t get mad at me that YOU think I should’ve let you pass first, because you were in front of me. That’s why it’s called PASSING, I’m moving around SLOW people, which is YOU bumbling along behind a tractor.

Another jackwagon was futzing along and flipped me off when I passed him, the dust I kicked up was too much for him to see through I guess :foreheadslap:

No, I generally don’t tailgate. I don’t understand why you want to follow that close. Nor do I like being in a group of vehicles. I’ll follow at a distance, when there’s room and it’s safe I’ll pull out and pass.

In the big horse? All the time. I can pretty much guarantee I’ll get flipped off at least once every time in Detroit. Those stupid little merge lanes don’t give cars enough time to get up to speed, they end up having to panic brake and dive for the shoulder. Usually followed by the horn and flipping me off.

Actually coming north into Detroit a couple months ago, the right lane ended for construction and I had to merge left. I put my turn signal on and started looking for a hole to open up. Some dingbat in a Pontiac started swerving her car at me, honking, flipping me off, just came off her rocker. I let her get ahead of me and merged left. Crazy :coocoo:

Don’t even get me started on three lane passing lanes. Like in the UP in MI or Hwy 11/17 in ON. People futz along doing the speed limit or under UNTIL you hit a passing lane THEN speed up :mad:

I should actually find out the rule on this, but as far as I know, if you’re following a slow moving vehicle, you don’t HAVE to pass in a designated passing area, whether an extra lane or dotted lines. I believe you can pass a slow moving vehicle as long as it’s safe to do so.
On ramps, I likely get flipped off as well, but I don’t make a point of looking to see, LOL. People have gotten completely stupid when it comes to entering an interstate.

On ramps, I likely get flipped off as well, but I don’t make a point of looking to see, LOL. People have gotten completely stupid when it comes to entering an interstate.

On a freeway worst comes to worst Ill take that shoulder pick up another 10 mph on or so

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom