Grease points?

So I ask a simple question, that should prompt a simple answer, and this is what you came up with?

I wasn't trying to tear anyone apart but I guess I can if that's what you were wanting. If you were afraid of getting torn apart then why did you bother posting anything about a big ol "airtek" suspension to begin with? No one else mentioned it but you.
My point wasn't about strictly Airtek.

It's about finding the manufacturer actual service procedure.

But that appears to be too difficult for people to grasp. So they just make blanket statements

RTFM

In the case of Hendrickson, they want it greased in the loaded position because of knuckle design. Which means ON THE GROUND. Doing different will result in insufficient greasing.

Screenshot_20200319-235611.png

Actually it doesn't have anything to do with knuckle design. It's due to the fact that they have thrust bearings that have a purge orifice designed into them. Yes with the axle in the loaded position, the grease purges through that orifice. However, there are aftermarket kits designed to do away with that style thrust bearing as they had issues with the composite design thrust bearings. In that case youd jack the front end up like most simple and normal designs.

Also, it's not always about just jacking it up to grease the kingpins, it's also good to check for loose wheel bearings, out of round tire wear, loose king pins or or steering components, etc. Jacking a front end up is good practice for many reasons AND for lubrication of the front end.
Did the governor lift the ban???? Because school is back in session boys!

My point wasn't about strictly Airtek.

It's about finding the manufacturer actual service procedure.

But that appears to be too difficult for people to grasp. So they just make blanket statements

RTFM

In the case of Hendrickson, they want it greased in the loaded position because of knuckle design. Which means ON THE GROUND. Doing different will result in insufficient greasing.

View attachment 60758
Thanks for sharing. However, I was not under the impression you wanted to tell the OP to use the manufacturers recommended procedure. Seemed to me you wanted to nitpick an odd ball setup to find an "exception". I almost felt like you wanted to find something to bicker about until I reminded myself we're all drivers and apparently it's a natural born trait we ALL seem to have in common.

Thanks for sharing. However, I was not under the impression you wanted to tell the OP to use the manufacturers recommended procedure. Seemed to me you wanted to nitpick an odd ball setup to find an "exception". I almost felt like you wanted to find something to bicker about until I reminded myself we're all drivers and apparently it's a natural born trait we ALL seem to have in common.
You're right.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread