Truckers Health Do masks Help With Coronavirus?

Do Masks Help With Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
I went to the Walmart today and literally everyone was wearing masks.

Supposedly the mask nazis are "cracking down". 🙄

Eventually I took mine off because my nose hairs are too long and it was bugging me.

Nobody said shit to me about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Protection is not a yes/no situation. If the mask is worn properly, it will contain the larger and medium sized droplets you emit by speaking, coughing and sneezing. Those droplets are a vehicle for the virus if you are contaminated. Ot also keeps those droplets coming from others, out of your mouth and nose. Even better if you would wear glasses, since the virus can infect you through the eyes.

Since I've been so sick all week, I have a new prospective on the whole Covid-19 thing.

A mask is extremely important. Pay attention to the approved types of masks and wear them.

Wash your hands or sanitze them. Often!

Cover your EYES!!! That is the other way the virus can get into your system.

Since it is airborne and floats everywhere, you need to cover your eyes.

I ended up in the hospital this week and got a good education of prevention.

When you go home put a pair of gloves on and take your clothes off and put them in a special enclosed hamper. Take the gloves off and dispose of them. Then go wash your hands. Don't touch anything until you wash or sanitze your hands.

Now put on clean clothes and enjoy your night.

Hope that helps. It's right from the nurses that took care of me.

Since I've been so sick all week, I have a new prospective on the whole Covid-19 thing.

A mask is extremely important. Pay attention to the approved types of masks and wear them.

When you go home put a pair of gloves on and take your clothes off and put them in a special enclosed hamper. Take the gloves off and dispose of them. Then go wash your hands. Don't touch anything until you wash or sanitze your hands.

Now you make it seem like it’s ebola

Now you make it seem like it’s ebola
No it's just a very active virus that is killing people and at the very least, making people very sick.

The virus lives for a while on your clothes and when you go home, you spread it all over your home, if you don't change your clothes.

Since it's airborne, that's a very common way it's getting into your system. No matter how much you protect yourself, if you don't cover your eyes, your still vulnerable.

I care very much about you guys and am passing on what I was given this week to help protect yourselves since I can't put everyone in a bubble until it's over. :smile:

It is not airborne except momentarily after someone sneezes. Otherwise the 6 foot thing would be pointless.
This is where all of this gets screwed up.

6 feet was an automatic thing due to previous viruses, basically a general rule of thumb. It travels farther than this. It can travel quite a bit farther, actually.

Masks help, but they are by no means a cure.

Ultimately, I stand by how I have felt about this the entire time. If you go out in public regularly, or if those in your household go out in public regularly, you are going to be exposed. You will at some point, test positive.

Pretty sure wife got it, and pretty sure she had a relapse of it again a couple weeks after she got over it.

I ended up sick for two solid weeks shortly after her last episode with this. For me, it was headaches all day, everyday. Body temperature dropped and stayed lower than normal. Felt weak, very disoriented quite often.

Neither of us can say for sure if we had it, could have been something else. Didn't get tested, and not getting tested, especially after the way I seen our daughter being tracked by the state after another gymnast got it.

Again, I think masks help, but very little in most cases due to the way they are made.

If you have health risks, take extra precautions until there is a vaccine.

Otherwise, don't freaking worry about it because it's coming for you at some point anyway. Worrying about it will do nothing for you but weaken your immune system.

Vitamin D and Zinc are good supplements to be considering.

If you are concerned about the virus because you aren't in the best shape, use this as a wake up call to address your health, because it will be here for a long time, and it's not the last airborne virus we will have to deal with.

What is the purpose of the gloves?

If you had your clothes on you would have touched them at some point during the day.

So it was blown out of proportion.
Way out of proportion when I got to the hospital. Signs up everywhere, a little station outside of my room, etc. The only thing missing was a bag for my head!

I don't know what I have, but it's bad.

They treated it as but a couple days later the test was negative.

Your story, IMO, is akin to crying wolf.

In cases like this, it’s as serious as the physician loading you up with antibiotics for absolutely no reason other than “because “.

Before we (society) know it, we’ve got super bugs that are untreatable by modern medicine....

Oh wait....

We’ve already begun down that route....

What is the purpose of the gloves?

If you had your clothes on you would have touched them at some point during the day.
That was my question to the nurse. She said it was to prevent further spread inside your home. I asked about the car, door handle, etc. She said I should put gloves outside the house to prevent the spread inside. I said.....you already said that.

I think they are just trying their best to prevent the spread of it. :dunno:

That was my question to the nurse. She said it was to prevent further spread inside your home. I asked about the car, door handle, etc. She said I should put gloves outside the house to prevent the spread inside. I said.....you already said that.

I think they are just trying their best to prevent the spread of it. :dunno:
They are trying their best to spread fear. That glove deal is absolutely ridiculous and there is no logic behind it.

Its kind of like if I touch cow shit with my bare hand then I put a glove on and touch cow shit so my hand won't smell.

Your story, IMO, is akin to crying wolf.

In cases like this, it’s as serious as the physician loading you up with antibiotics for absolutely no reason other than “because “.

Before we (society) know it, we’ve got super bugs that are untreatable by modern medicine....

Oh wait....

We’ve already begun down that route....

Noooo......I haven't taken any antibiotics at all. I believe the same thing you do.

I was hooked up to oxygen and an IV because I was dehydrated from the fever and can't breathe. I didn't even take a tylenol for the fever or pain.

I'd have to be just about dead before I would take an antibiotic.

They are trying their best to spread fear. That glove deal is absolutely ridiculous and there is no logic behind it.

Its kind of like if I touch cow shit with my bare hand then I put a glove on and touch cow shit so my hand won't smell.
I'm with you on that one. It sounded stupid to me but that's what they said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread