need help: OCD meds disqualifying?

ed85

Hi my name is ed and am about to do my d4 medical was jus wondering if any one knew if I would fail as I am medication for ocd plz help?

I'm not sure we should be making light of what appears to be a serious question.

Obsessive–compulsive disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) is a mental disorder where people feel the need to check things repeatedly, perform certain routines repeatedly, or have certain thoughts repeatedly. People are unable to control either the thoughts or the activities. Common activities include hand washing, counting of things, and checking to see if a door is locked. Some may have difficulty throwing things out. These activities occur to such a degree that the person's daily life is negatively affected.
Obsessive–compulsive disorder affects about 2.3% of people at some point in their life. Rates during a given year are about 1.2% and it occurs worldwide.
I hope none of you have to deal with this in any of your babies or family members.

Treatment for OCD involves the use of behavioral therapy and sometimes selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).
@ed85
If you're on an SSRI, you should be fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread