dac question

Always hit th' horned rodent. :mad:

...even if ya have ta chase it up a hill.

:D

Horned rodent is right. The tow truck driver talked a good 15 minutes about how much he hates them.

Filed appeal with hire right. Probably not gonna do any good but at least I have to try. Will update when or if I hear from them.
yes, that is all you can do, send/file a rebuttal to DAC, they will include that into your file, for a future employer to read. as it stands now, on your current DAC, it may only mention DOT reportable tow/maybe accident.

what you want to do as well for future employers is, type up a description as to what happened, time, date, weather, road conditions. and save it to your pc. (some prospective new employers may demand a police report as well, as confirmation you are telling the truth. )

then when you go job shopping, print out a few copies. ALL applications ask for you to explain any accidents/etc....

then just put your print out, in with the application. once a prospective employer see's it was only for a deer strike, you should not be denied the job.

dot recordable accident
You answered my question later..

Someone reported it as preventable.
He didn't say it was preventable. Animal strikes are rarely preventable.

the vehicle was towed away
This is what makes it a DOT recordable. Doesn't mean you were at fault. It only says you were involved in a crash that was required to be recorded by DOT. Just tell the truth to any prospective employer and don't sweat it. Don't waste your money on a lawyer. Facts are facts and they can't be avoided. It was obviohsly a nonpreventable.

I'm up against this myself. Had a DOT recordable fatality last year. So far, every company I have talked to about it hasn't turned a hair. Like I said. Don't sweat it. Just tell the truth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread