New member here with a DAC question

I was working for a company running the lower 48 for about six months. Over the course of that time I was a good driver. I finished trained and was solo within about two weeks of starting there. There was an incident that happened which forced me to submit a request for temporary disability accommodation which would have required the company to allow me to work locally and be home every evening for a while. Two days after the company received the disability accommodation request from my doctor they terminated me because they felt I was an unsafe driver due to the fact that on my way back to the terminal to discuss my accommodation my truck had been red flagged as being off balance twice. They did not care to hear any explanations from me and said it was already done and nothing I had to say would change their decision. After being terminated from the company I attempted to get on with other trucking companies and found out from them that the first company had reported me as an unsafe driver to the DAC. Now no company will touch me until I have had at least one year of safe driving with another driver or company. How do I fight this? I already reported to disability discrimination to the EEOC and they determined the company to be within their rights to terminate me. Any suggestions?

I am very confused about how your comment relates to my request for suggestions.... I have already obtained a copy of my DAC report.
make a rebuttal to your DAC file, stating what had happened.

you could try going the legal way and get an attorney experienced with terminations, but that can be costly.

now, in the meantime, the longer you stay out of a truck, the more likely you will have to take a refresher course to gain employment.

They never showed me any proof. They claimed that the truck has sensors in it and when I changed lanes too quick it sent an alert to some satellite they use to monitor their fleet. I actually changed lanes quickly to avoid an accident from someone who brake checked me. I even had dash cam footage to prove my story and they did not care.

....Two days after the company received the disability accommodation request from my doctor they terminated me because they felt I was an unsafe driver due to the fact that on my way back to the terminal to discuss my accommodation my truck had been red flagged as being off balance twice. ......

Pretty much a case of cause and effect here, nothing to do with your safe driving or not.

I'd go to small claims court and sue the company for malicious defamation of professional character and career options.

They never showed me any proof. They claimed that the truck has sensors in it and when I changed lanes too quick it sent an alert to some satellite they use to monitor their fleet. I actually changed lanes quickly to avoid an accident from someone who brake checked me. I even had dash cam footage to prove my story and they did not care.
i watch a lot of Perry Mason, and Matlock, and L.A. Law, so i am a COMPLETE expert on giving out legal advice, like so many lawyers here.

as a result, here is the best advice iI KNOW I CAN GIVE YOU, that will make YOU WIN YOUR CASE..

Contact an attorney in YOUR state, and explain it all to him/her. it is highly possible that attorney may have to contact an attorney in the state of the company, and they will have to work together.

you will of course pay for BOTH attorneys, either up front, or if ANY settlement is reached, and this mind you, can take a very long time, racking up the fee's. of course you can do almost all of this yourself, but in the end, practically, no one listens to an individual over a law firm.

if EITHER attorney (your state or the other state) tell you it is not worth it, then take thier word for it.

now, if my advice isn't good enough right now, then consult the bank of lawyers at the local truck stop counter.

i do wish you well, any way you go on this.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread