I have a question about my DAC

TheDukester

I requested a copy of my DAC from a company called HireRight. My DAC only goes back 7 years, thought it would go back 10? Anyway, my DAC is clean and this cannot be so... I have had a couple of maneuvering accidents/incidents on private property and they didn't show up. I would like to be concise when applying for a new company and match up what my DAC states. Thanks

So, be concise, list all your transgressions. Omitting any is lying by omission. The standard is honesty, not what may and may not match.

You DAC is just like your credit record, 7 years.
Now just because you had a mishap doesn't mean it gets reported to DAC. The carrier your working for has to be a DAC member like wise the one your applying to also has to be a member.
Most every big box mega carrier is. For every one thats use DAC theres probably 50 that dont.

Now just because its not on your DAC doesnt mean no one will ever find out about it.

[MENTION=6711]TheDukester[/MENTION], good idea to get a copy of your DAC, and a copy of your driving record before filling out an application. Lets you know exactly what you need to have on your application.

If something occurred on private property, it likely never got reported to DAC. If there were tickets involved, again not necessarily so on private property, then that will probably come up.
You never want to lie on a job app, but unless I was specifically asked, I wouldn't go volunteering information either.
Saying, "Here's my DAC report" and nothing else would be my tack.

I wouldn't go volunteering information either.
Saying, "Here's my DAC report" and nothing else would be my tack.

That would would IF the safety person that they were applying for the job didnt call the last employer(s) and enquirer about there job history.

So, be concise, list all your transgressions. Omitting any is lying by omission. The standard is honesty, not what may and may not match.

Bull****. If it doesn't show up then it isn't their business. This honesty has limits, don't screw yourself by providing information that they don't know and "honestly" won't find out about.

That would would IF the safety person that they were applying for the job didnt call the last employer(s) and enquirer about there job history.

Some safety dir's don't tell everything. Don't be volunteering anything. Obviously if they most likely will fin out then disclose it but otherwise lose lips sink ships.

Bull****. If it doesn't show up then it isn't their business. This honesty has limits, don't screw yourself by providing information that they don't know and "honestly" won't find out about.

So, dishonesty is your standard and, further, you recommend others drop to your low standards. If you look at his first post, he said he wanted to be concise. I used his higher standard, rather than advising him to be a liar, liar, pants on fire. But you do as you wish. One can never be caught in a lie, if one doesn't lie.

When someone calls a former employer most times the only question they will answer is, " Would you rehire John Doe?".

So, dishonesty is your standard and, further, you recommend others drop to your low standards. If you look at his first post, he said he wanted to be concise. I used his higher standard, rather than advising him to be a liar, liar, pants on fire. But you do as you wish. One can never be caught in a lie, if one doesn't lie.

Nah

Not in the trucking industry. Mileage,accidents, tickets, load abandonmemts, truck abandonments, failed UA's, refused UA's (actually those two are a federal requirement) are usually all part of the discussion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread