Battery terminal maintenance

View attachment 51688View attachment 51689View attachment 51690
Never seen it split before like that. Usually it just shrinks so far :confused-96:
Over heated or, it was a spot in the run that was poorly made. I have had it happen before. Just rip it off and put a new piece on it. Or if you’re lazy wrap it in a half million layers of electric tape. 🤣

Over heated or, it was a spot in the run that was poorly made. I have had it happen before. Just rip it off and put a new piece on it. Or if you’re lazy wrap it in a half million layers of electric tape. 🤣
It was too hot to touch. I’d just finished soldering on the terminal. Went to grab it to pull it off and dropped it right away “**** that’s hot!”

No matter how many times I cut down a bolt, heat them with torches or even wind a nut off with an impact it’s the same thing “**** that’s hot” :biglaugh:

You’d think you’d eventually learn better :coocoo:

It was too hot to touch. I’d just finished soldering on the terminal. Went to grab it to pull it off and dropped it right away “**** that’s hot!”

No matter how many times I cut down a bolt, heat them with torches or even wind a nut off with an impact it’s the same thing “**** that’s hot” :biglaugh:

Must be a flatbedder thing.

51080B7A-47E2-478A-8E89-855641D9DF4C.jpeg
Replaced the one junk battery, one cable, fixed up that one cable, we’ll give ‘er a go this week and see how she does
CA64E645-A18D-4C3D-BF1A-8BAAAEFFFE1E.jpeg
Trying this stuff out, it leaves kind of a waxy coating

78DB16E8-D274-4EA4-B959-692D89DA89CD.jpeg
The shop threw me a can of new lube to try out.
They said this stuff is like Franks hot sauce, they use this shit on everything
:D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread