Apparently they need to add the class "What is a parking spot?" to the CDL school

Highly unlikely, typically when you see a trailer come off on the Road it’s because the king pin was too high when they locked the fifth wheel and it bounced out. Or there was a problem with the jaws not locking. Like they locked but at some point, bump whatever, they come free.

If the fifth wheel was dry enough that an unlocked fifth wheel could hold it. You wouldn’t be able to turn the damn truck.

Yea there was a company driver right next to me at one of our yards grab the trailer on the side of mine. He made it exactly 1/2 trailer length before he dumped it in the yard. And that was a fully loaded trailer, 45000lbs.

I think the reason is when you hit the brakes the trailer may grab first. If it does off it comes.

Apparently they need to add the class "What is a parking spot?" to the CDL school

it's not any training schools (private of company sponsored) responsibility to teach such a subject.

it comes with the overall stupidity of many if not all ignorant fools out there calling themselves truck drivers.

best to just report that to the truck stop management, and if they do not handle it, then so be it...get there earlier perhaps, rather than gripe about it....????

it's not any training schools (private of company sponsored) responsibility to teach such a subject.

it comes with the overall stupidity of many if not all ignorant fools out there calling themselves truck drivers.

best to just report that to the truck stop management, and if they do not handle it, then so be it...get there earlier perhaps, rather than gripe about it....????

Um I couldn't get there earlier. I got loaded and drove straight to the truck stop. I didn't even stop to **** for 7 hours.

Um I couldn't get there earlier. I got loaded and drove straight to the truck stop. I didn't even stop to **** for 7 hours.
owwww...watch that not "peeing" for long periods of time.....you WILL develop problems as you get older.

and still to gripe about a situation that is beyond your control, when you get there late. you know how it is at so many of these truck stops.

makes your gripe kinda useless really.

Highly unlikely, typically when you see a trailer come off on the Road it’s because the king pin was too high when they locked the fifth wheel and it bounced out. Or there was a problem with the jaws not locking. Like they locked but at some point, bump whatever, they come free.

If the fifth wheel was dry enough that an unlocked fifth wheel could hold it. You wouldn’t be able to turn the damn truck.
Actually it's not highly unlikely.
I've had it happen to me long time ago , 1990 .
I hooked, tugged a couple times and pulled out Of the spot made a ways dinner the row before it started to come off. I got it stopped just as it hit my fram. Fortunately I was at a rail yrd and was able to get the problem resolved quickly and without injuries or any cost to me.

Actually it's not highly unlikely.
I've had it happen to me long time ago , 1990 .
I hooked, tugged a couple times and pulled out Of the spot made a ways dinner the row before it started to come off. I got it stopped just as it hit my fram. Fortunately I was at a rail yrd and was able to get the problem resolved quickly and without injuries or any cost to me.
I should correct that it actually happened at the Mersk port in Oakland

owwww...watch that not "peeing" for long periods of time.....you WILL develop problems as you get older.

and still to gripe about a situation that is beyond your control, when you get there late. you know how it is at so many of these truck stops.

makes your gripe kinda useless really.

It wasn't late, it was 6:15 in the evening. The sun was still shining brightly. That's the latest I've shut down in a long time. My truck isn't solar powered. I run nights quite often. That's what also pissed me off. That means the guy showed up in the middle of the day and just decided he didn't want to walk as far to the store as the rest of us and made his own parking spot. I noticed when he left, if he did a 10 then he was there at 3pm. No later.

I've parked stupid before at truck stops, and I sit in the drivers seat and actively watch the entire parking lot for the first truck to pull out and then I grab the spot. I don't just park stupid and go to bed and then get pissed when someone wakes me up and says move your truck I can't get into a legit parking spot because your dumb ass is parked in a no parking zone.

I've never had anyone ask or tell me to move my truck at a truck stop. It can be done, you just have to think about someone other than yourself for at least 5 seconds per day. Put yourself in their shoes, how would you feel if you were them and they parked where you are?

Last edited:
You seem upset. The sooner you realize truck stops are nothing but heartache and headaches, the better. There’s plenty of better options for parking overnight

You seem upset. The sooner you realize truck stops are nothing but heartache and headaches, the better. There’s plenty of better options for parking overnight

Not that have showers. The only place I've ever been that wasn't a truck stop and had a shower was the rest stops in Ohio.

Stop, shower, roll on

No need to park there overnight

Doesn’t take a rocket appliance to figure out

Doesn't work like that for me. I work out every day. I only want to shower after I work out. So rarely do I shower in the middle of the day. The thought of going to bed 12 hours after taking a shower and sleeping in all that filth, yuck.

Doesn't work like that for me. I work out every day. I only want to shower after I work out. So rarely do I shower in the middle of the day. The thought of going to bed 12 hours after taking a shower and sleeping in all that filth, yuck.
Then quit complaing about truck stop parking

You made your bed you can lie in it

Nobody likes a whiner

Then quit complaing about truck stop parking

You made your bed you can lie in it

Nobody likes a whiner

I'm not complaining about truck stop parking. I'm complaining about idiots that don't park in truck stop parking spots and block legit spots. Dude 99% of people park in truck stops every night. What is your hang up about parking at a truck stop? At least I don't park illegally in parking lots and shit.

I don't whine. I wake people up. If they have an issue with it I just call the manager. They won't do anything about a quick call to 1800okloves will fix the problem in minutes. Trust me, I've done it before. It was pouring down rain and I couldn't get out because of a moron who didn't know what a parking spot was. I was not going to get soaking wet to start my day when Loves failed to enforce parking in their own lot. So I called the store, 20 minutes later the guy was still sitting there. Called Loves customer service and told them to move the ****ing truck or I'm calling a tow company. That truck was moved within 3 or 4 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm not complaining about truck stop parking. I'm complaining about idiots that don't park in truck stop parking spots and block legit spots. Dude 99% of people park in truck stops every night. What is your hang up about parking at a truck stop? At least I don't park illegally in parking lots and ****.

I don't whine. I wake people up. If they have an issue with it I just call the manager. They won't do anything about a quick call to 1800okloves will fix the problem in minutes. Trust me, I've done it before. It was pouring down rain and I couldn't get out because of a moron who didn't know what a parking spot was. I called the store, 20 minutes later the guy was still sitting there. Called Loves customer service and told them to move the ****ing truck or I'm calling a tow company. That truck was moved within 3 or 4 minutes.
Yes but you’re missing the point. You’re whining about people that can’t park at truck stops

Skip truck stops no more whining

It’s not that hard to figure out, Fred

More power to you, then

Just don’t whine about how much they suck and parking, please :thumbsup:

I don't whine or wake people up , I just find a place and park it,,lol.
I also don't think they suck ,, obviously.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread