The Answer To Parking Problems - All Spots Need To Be Paid Parking, Every last Spot

Considering they had a kwik trip, Love's, Casey's and a flyin j all within 20 miles of them.

Those booths were so comfortable to sit in. Waitress dressing 20 years younger, like 75 trying to look 55. Dirt parking lot out back. Bumper stickers.

What more could you ask for :D

Dang it :(

It’s kind of ironic, when I pull OSOW I’ll sometimes stay at weigh stations.

Yet running legal loads I won’t go 50 miles near one :biggrin-2:
One of the first O/S I did I was running with another guy and he was dead set on push every ounce of daylight and we ended up at that first one on 17 coming in from Manitoba. You know how little is in that area, especially 13 wide but still it's like are you on ****ing DRUGS man!?!?!?! Aside from it being an MTO scale we barely scrounged the 2 of us enough space on that postage stamp of a lot.

Seems to me that they want goods delivered in a timely manner but as far as other accommodations truckers can just fin on there own....appears pretty one sided.
I drove a few roads that was not fit for a donkey to travel. Truck stops appear to me to be money pits...there no safety in road side parks either.

No! If that happened, truck parking would be a profitable application of unused land everywhere! We wouldn’t have to plan our days to around getting up at 0300 and running on ice so we can shut down by 1700! What’s the fun?

Seriously, they should, but they need to hit to have it all digitally managed, to hit the right price point, which is $4-$9 a night outside of high demand areas. A simple app, we choose our reserved spot. We’d make the money back just in being able to run out our clocks every night.

No! If that happened, truck parking would be a profitable application of unused land everywhere! We wouldn’t have to plan our days to around getting up at 0300 and running on ice so we can shut down by 1700! What’s the fun?

Seriously, they should, but they need to hit to have it all digitally managed, to hit the right price point, which is $4-$9 a night outside of high demand areas. A simple app, we choose our reserved spot. We’d make the money back just in being able to run out our clocks every night.
You have trouble finding parking?

Those are crazy hours to run :coocoo:

So you want everyone to pay for parking so everyone can run hard enough to pay for parking.

If drivers would stop letting their clock run them and start tuning their clock, it would also be a game changer for their pay. Has nothing to do with parking.

I still can’t get on board. Only because the company will tell the driver to screw off when it comes to reimbursing the parking expense for the companies truck.

If drivers would stop letting their clock run them and start tuning their clock, it would also be a game changer for their pay. Has nothing to do with parking.

I still can’t get on board. Only because the company will tell the driver to screw off when it comes to reimbursing the parking expense for the companies truck.
I also don't like the idea of a company pushing me to get to a spot because "that's the one we reserved for you."

Because you know that's what they'd do if required to pay for them.

Kinda like how you don't get to choose your hotel for orientation and then get reimbursed. They set you up in a cheap one because they struck deals.

I still don’t see the parking shortage. Last night there was an adult video store, 2 trucks with room for 8 more. A mile up the road there’s a Kwik Trip with a paved parking lot, jammed to the tits. Yet half a mile away are two fireworks stores, and a Shell with a gravel parking lot that was deserted. Easily room for 30 trucks. I was the only one there at 10 pm. 10 miles down the road the TA and Peelot were jammed to the tits as well. There’s plenty of parking, just not at chains. This is in PA/OH, the dreaded NE.

I realize some of you like Reg3 can’t park at certain places, but I think a Shell would be ok?

I still don’t see the parking shortage. Last night there was an adult video store, 2 trucks with room for 8 more. A mile up the road there’s a Kwik Trip with a paved parking lot, jammed to the tits. Yet half a mile away are two fireworks stores, and a Shell with a gravel parking lot that was deserted. Easily room for 30 trucks. I was the only one there at 10 pm. 10 miles down the road the TA and Peelot were jammed to the tits as well. There’s plenty of parking, just not at chains. This is in PA/OH, the dreaded NE.

I realize some of you like Reg3 can’t park at certain places, but I think a Shell would be ok?
Not sure I'd be willing to spend 10 hours somewhere with no toilet. Or at least a portable.

Nevermind the trespassing.

I need to get a truck stop guide because neither my GPS or trucker path shows the shell stations or some of the mom n pops joints.

Here's an idea, it's crazy, but hear me out; DONT BE PART OF THE PROBLEM, HAVE SOME RESPECT AND GET OUT THE WAY... I know... it's the craziest notion you've heard today.

There's less paid parking now than when I started 25+ years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread