Megas want me to go to Driving School even though I have my Class A CDL

What should he do; give him some suggestions.
Avoid mega carriers

Don’t drive truck

Don’t be dumb

Don’t pull reefer, container or bedbugs

Brush your teeth every day and floss

Clean clothes and a shower are a good step forward

Avoid STDs

Be a good person

Try to leave the planet better than you found it

The worst driving job I ever had was with a small mom & pop outfit.
I like large companies.
I love pulling reefers, coast to coast.
I like driving trucks, otherwise would have chosen a different career.

Here's more info on Western Express: www.drivewithwestern.com
NO RECENT EXPERIENCE? NO PROBLEM.
We’ve pioneered the industry’s first “REFRESHER” program for drivers with NO RECENT EXPERIENCE, including drivers who have a CDL but didn’t attend truck driving school. Most trucking companies require you have recent driving experience regardless of how much driving history you have. If you don’t, they make you go back to school, which costs you time and money. But at Western Express, we recognize your past driving experience, or your past CDL A school training, and provide you the on-the-job PAID TRAINING you need to get on the road fast.

You don't 'spose there's a reason why they're also known as Western Criminal do ya?

:confused-96:
I've always heard Welfare Express. There's a buddy of mine in Michigan that started there doing flatbed a few months ago and from him I really know why thet call it that. He's got a good whack of felonies too though so as @ironpony said Western Criminal fits too. The guy seems happy as a pig in shit.....BUT he has no basis of comparison and doesn't know any better. Honestly, I dunno if he will. He's already hit a few things his damn self.

I've always heard Welfare Express. There's a buddy of mine in Michigan that started there doing flatbed a few months ago and from him I really know why thet call it that. He's got a good whack of felonies too though so as @ironpony said Western Criminal fits too. The guy seems happy as a pig in ****.....BUT he has no basis of comparison and doesn't know any better. Honestly, I dunno if he will. He's already hit a few things his damn self.
I'm not against giving a person a second chance. That saying... "having paid your debt to society" - a person on the street after being locked up does have to make a living, and if no one is willing to take a chance, then where are you?

A carrier is a bottom feeder for a reason, and a higher quality person who expects,a better situation and a higher rate of pay isn't going to go near a bottom feeder if properly educated about what's out here. OTOH, if times are tough for you, you take what you can get. If you've done time, you're starting over, and have to prove yourself every day, all day.

Welfare Express? First time I heard that one, but by reputation, it sounds fitting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread