All BS aside...

Greenhorn95

Ive been doing ALOT of reading on yalls site, "btw job well done" and for a fella interested in starting a new career in trucking, its pretty difficult to narrow down the good companys from the bad. From a rookie standpoint that is. I realize that everyone from time to time gets their cheerios pissed in without asking for it, but lets face it...thats life!

So heres what Im after and asking straight up help with. Im looking for a company that will train and pay, has a reputable reputation, treats drivers with respect. $36,000 a year with benefits and can expect to land a local route/home every night after the first 3-4 months of training.

If so and I can only hope that theres more than 1, please let me know. Im ready to make the transition asap. Btw, I live in the Louisville, Ky. area.

Many Thanks:beer:

My apologies to all, especially Larry. I dont view truckers in any way mentioned above, it actually took me awhile to think of that response. I took Larrys response as an attack, and will not stand for someone calling me a white collar.

Now back to the topic....I know of a few fellas making really good money driving a truck, one is with Con-Way, another with Miller Lite, and another with Pepsi. These guys are home every night and not working 7days a week. Driving a truck is something Ive always wanted to do, but never had the balls to make it happen, now Im ready. Just asking for advice.

Thanks

Those are day job's, Pepsi is a good one know someone with them seems to like them. Beer is another one same kind of del. to the stores...........

We know someone been with Pepsi over 3 years, still working. I'll ask him when I talk to him to see if they had layoffs. You put alot of hours in and you have to unload and count at each store. They have a heavy back ground ck as most do. You can even look into being a tow truck drive but some shifts are on call all night. Lots of driving jobs that are not in a big truck, Also hot shot cars sad to say are moving from the auction with that you might find something tri-state and not be out to long. at least home on part of the week-end.
Alot of intra state drivers r back on the road because the loads and the money are not there anymore.

Pepsi had layoffs. My husband was one of them- and they were laying off bay route drivers too.

truck driving is all what u make of it i give him a thumbs up for wanting to come out and try it there isnt too many bad and stressful days i have bcause i dont let it get to me but 6 yrs ago that was another story this guy needs encouragement not reasons why not to go into the trucking field but u have to start at the bottom u cant exspect to make so much a yr want this and that it all takes time
Posted via Mobile Device

It's alright Greenhorn, I didn't mean to come off as a bad ass or anything but I was just stating the truth and that is why the industry is in the state it's in. By the way Patty I don't need a CDL to tell me what I know about the industry, I learned a lot of what I know through research and I still want to get into it...Yup I'm crazy! lol

It's alright Greenhorn, I didn't mean to come off as a bad ass or anything but I was just stating the truth and that is why the industry is in the state it's in. By the way Patty I don't need a CDL to tell me what I know about the industry, I learned a lot of what I know through research and I still want to get into it...Yup I'm crazy! lol

Naww He didn't its just his estrogen imbalance :hiding:.....:rolllaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread