Yup. Still here.


That's what I do.

I love Ragu but only the "old world style" "flavored with meat".

I use that exclusively when I'm too drunk or lazy to make it from scratch.
That's why I make 3 1/2 gallons at a time. In one of those giant Crockpots. Package it in Tupperware containers and freeze it. When you want pasta, it thaws and heats up in about the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta. No matter how wasted you get, dinner is in under 30 minutes.
 
That's why I make 3 1/2 gallons at a time. In one of those giant Crockpots. Package it in Tupperware containers and freeze it. When you want pasta, it thaws and heats up in about the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta. No matter how wasted you get, dinner is in under 30 minutes.
Do you thaw it & heat it in the microwave? Or do you have one of those fancy induction stoves?
 
Do you thaw it & heat it in the microwave? Or do you have one of those fancy induction stoves?
I put it in maybe a quart container. Probably a little less. I get 10 containers and freeze them. When we want pasta, pull it out, put a coating of olive oil in a sauce pan, run the container under a running faucet, that releases the sauce from the container. Heat it on medium or so while you boil the water and the pasta. Drain pasta, cover with sauce and your fav Guinea cheese, stir and feast.

You should have enough for a 12oz box of pasta, or if you cook 16 ounces, just before you drain the pasta, take 1/2 cup of the pasta water and blend with the sauce. It doesn't water down the taste. Again, it depends on if you like the pasta dry, moist or swimming. I want enough to enjoy the flavor of the combined ingredients. Left overs are even better. Heat on a low fire in a frying pan with drizzle of olive oil to coat the pan.

I don't microwaves for anything. Not even when I worked 60 hour weeks. I always have time to make a good meal. That's one of the things that I work for.
 
Oh...No fancy stove here. A simple contractor flat-top that was in the house when it was bought. I hate it. I'd drool for a 6 top gas stove. But alas, little is cooked in the house. 90% of the cooking goes on, on the Weber. Cooking with gas is the only way to go.
 
Oh...No fancy stove here. A simple contractor flat-top that was in the house when it was bought. I hate it. I'd drool for a 6 top gas stove. But alas, little is cooked in the house. 90% of the cooking goes on, on the Weber. Cooking with gas is the only way to go.
I've got a 4 top gasser.

There's no way to convert it to propane but I run it on propane anyway.

It's good for boiling water but it's too hot for pasghetti sauce. It requires almost constant stirring or you'll end up with burnt shit on the bottom.

I've been thinking about building a pot stirring machine.

I've used the crock pot to make spaghetti sauce but it takes all day.
 
I've got a 4 top gasser.

There's no way to convert it to propane but I run it on propane anyway.

It's good for boiling water but it's too hot for pasghetti sauce. It requires almost constant stirring or you'll end up with burnt shit on the bottom.

I've been thinking about building a pot stirring machine.

I've used the crock pot to make spaghetti sauce but it takes all day.
I find a proper working stove to be beneficial to my life.
 
I've got a 4 top gasser.

There's no way to convert it to propane but I run it on propane anyway.

It's good for boiling water but it's too hot for pasghetti sauce. It requires almost constant stirring or you'll end up with burnt shit on the bottom.

I've been thinking about building a pot stirring machine.

I've used the crock pot to make spaghetti sauce but it takes all day.
It is hard to just keep something warm on it. Like you say, it has to be constantly moving to avoid crusting the bottom of the pan.

But the whole idea behind the crock pot is to let it sit and slow cook all day. The flavors are allowed to bond.
 
This three day week was the longest of the year. So glad it's over. Never turned a wheel on Wednesday. Milked the crap out of moving an 80 foot boom Thursday because I knew I'd be sitting there rest of the day after and that's exactly what happened.

Yesterday all I did was move two forklifts from right around the corner from the yard to some shit hole about 30 or 40 minutes away. We have reached that time of year where we need to find "hobbies" or "projects"at work.
 
Had to go load this F450 onto a step deck today. Should've known it was a "new Canadian" when I saw all the fresh tire tracks on lawns through the last couple of corners.

When I tried to find out which direction he wanted it put on he made a call and started spouting spaghetti noodle into the phone before telling me.....so that was fun 😅
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20240326_123224111_HDR.webp
    IMG_20240326_123224111_HDR.webp
    67.5 KB · Views: 6
Everything's finalized on the houses. End of January no more Ontario for us. We're making out like bandits selling the smaller house and property. We'll be walking in debt free aside from the mortgage that will be virtually unchanged and a tidy little sum of cash to boot. We'll be saving around 90 percent on property taxes going from subdivision fuckery to acreage right on the bay and most importantly away from "neighbours".
 
Last edited:
Everything's finalized on the houses. End of January no more Ontario for us. We're making out like bandits selling the smaller house and property. We'll be walking in debt free aside from the mortgage that will be virtually unchanged and a tidy little sum of cash to boot. We'll be saving around 90 percent on property taxes going from subdivision fuckery to acreage right on the bay and most importantly away from "neighbours".
You sold and bought at a good time.
 
T minus however many days till the 27th. We got movers coming then roll out probably the next morning.

We packed the majority into storage before the house hit the market. Between the enclosed trailer, pickup with, tonneau, and the car we should be able to take a fair bit with us. The goal is to basically be living out of a few boxes and tubs by the end of the weekend.

I've been so unbelievably checked out for a while. I'm just ready to go at this point.

IMG_20241227_155138060.webp
 
T minus however many days till the 27th. We got movers coming then roll out probably the next morning.

We packed the majority into storage before the house hit the market. Between the enclosed trailer, pickup with, tonneau, and the car we should be able to take a fair bit with us. The goal is to basically be living out of a few boxes and tubs by the end of the weekend.

I've been so unbelievably checked out for a while. I'm just ready to go at this point.

View attachment 90785
Are those both your bikes or does your wife ride motorcycles too?
 
Just thought about it and you are going to have to drive through Quebec. What's the plan, fuel up before entering Quebec and drive right through?
I know people that go to PEI do that.
 

Back
Top