Winter's coming! OH NO!

AsphaltRodeo

Rawr I Say. Rawr.
Well guys October is here and soon we'll be eating turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy and pies and cranberry sauce and... point taken. I should stop typing while hungry.

Anyways with winter right around the corner and temperatures already in most places it won't be long before there's snow and ice.

So what it is YOU do to keep warm and safe while the roads are slick and snow covered?

fri^&@! beans hot dogs... I take lots of water can foods penut butter etc. just in case.Blankets coveralls an ive personally got tire chain,s Not fun but usefull. oh ya a good thick book

Dig out my narrow-head coal shovel and put it on the back of the cab with my load locks. Regular snow shovels are worthless at digging in compacted snow so I use one exactly like in this random picture I just found on Photobucket, except it's handle is red fiberglass.

The metal is thicker and stronger than a cheap flimsy snow shovel (if you can even find one made of metal these days) and the narrower width makes it better for chopping at compacted snow when you're trying to get a truck out of a truck stop. The curved sides also give the shovel head strength and makes it better for scooping out chunks of compacted snow from under your tires.
View attachment 14322

that is a very nice looking...er...shovel. lol.

Dig out my narrow-head coal shovel and put it on the back of the cab with my load locks. Regular snow shovels are worthless at digging in compacted snow so I use one exactly like in this random picture I just found on Photobucket, except it's handle is red fiberglass. (Damn I'm getting old, .. the first thing I noticed in this picture was that it's the type of shovel I was looking for.)

The metal is thicker and stronger than a cheap flimsy snow shovel (if you can even find one made of metal these days) and the narrower width makes it better for chopping at compacted snow when you're trying to get a truck out of a truck stop. The curved sides also give the shovel head strength and makes it better for scooping out chunks of compacted snow from under your tires.

View attachment 14323

Oh come on, guys. She's gotta be jail-bait. That was HONESTLY the first picture I came across that had that type of shovel when I searched Photobucket for the word "shovel".

I tried "shovel head" first and all I got was a bunch of old Harleys.

<3 Duckie

Lmao if she is legal she's just barely 18. And I can only IMAGINE what kind of images you got when you typed in shovel.

But on a serious note I will have my hubby get a shovel for the winter. Though it WOULD be hilarious if he called me up cussing and screaming about being stuck in the snow. (My hubby gets VERY VERY colorful the more mad he gets and I have a hard time not laughing. This has earned me many deadly looks.)

yeahhhhhhhhhh..... sure..... ha ha ha.

Oh come on, guys. She's gotta be jail-bait. That was HONESTLY the first picture I came across that had that type of shovel when I searched Photobucket for the word "shovel".

I tried "shovel head" first and all I got was a bunch of old Harleys.

Hmmm, what do I do to stay warm and deal with winter? I wear long johns, always carry extra water, pack a sandwich or two and curse the day I became a trucker.

A sure sign that Winter is approaching just occurred tonight. I lit the fireplace. It's official.

In the truck I keep a small bag of rock salt, and, make sure I'm stocked on food, water, and, cold weather garments. I also begin fueling at the half mark instead of the quarter. It keeps the drives a little heavier, plus, I'll have extra if I get stranded and have be remote for a few days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom