wanting to start end dump company

Ok I want to start a local end dump company. I live in an area in iowa with 10 quarries within 30 miles. How to I find loads tho?

Next time you see an end dump or belly dump truck ask him who is his broker, is best to have a good list of broker to have enough work or affiliate with a company thats big enough.

I live in Texas and over here work during the end and beginning of the year is scarce for this kind of work. Dont know how it is up north.

Yea in the winter there is salt to haul and I was thinking of hauling wet cake in winter to cattle lots there is a ton of ethanol plants to haul from here.

There are a few one man operations but mostly I see company trucks out of Minnesota taking out of my area. Biggest concrete companies in state of ia an mn are only 2 hrs either way from me and my area is full of limestone

There you go, my best bet is talk to the local truckers working in those plants/mine.

Also if you're planing on going offroad for loading unload(probably) be ready to chamge a lotof tires and maintenance or risk it with the DOT. I dont think there is much more i can help you with, im not familiar with the north.

What ever you can get your hands on should be good. Look for weight difference and longer the better. I find three axles to be just extra weight and extra tires for the same load or less =Less $.

But maybe the law in your state allows more weight for that extra axle, not here though.

U can haul more on side roads here with more axles but still 80k on interstate like normal I was thinking same thing about extra axle just more weight n tires ect... you have been very informative thanks alot.... what rates to you see? Paid by ton? Mile? %

We get paid by the ton or load... thats why weight is very important here.

I seen from 2.75-14.00 a ton... on average you'll make from 800-1100 a day(12-16 hours) but there is a lot of maintenance.

Also if you get paid by the ton and there is a limited amount, you're gonna be racing the other truckers, because the loads dont have names on it, first come first served.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread