• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Walmart DC Gate Procedure for fun Virus Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister

pari animositate
Everyone gets their temperature checked going in the gate.

Company drivers with a high temp will pull through the gate, and park in the holding area. What happens after that was muddled out by a guy pulling up on my right side on the way out using his jake brake. Thanks, you 15 mph tough guy.

Outside carriers pulling loads in.

You will be asked three questions.

They scan your head with a little infrared thermometer thingy.

If you’re normal and boring, I feel sorry for you.

If you have a normal temperature, you’ll be allowed to proceed as normal.

If you’re a drop and hook, you’ll likely be allowed to proceed as normal since nobody wants to talk to you anyway. The only difference is you’ll not get out of your truck. At all. They’ll take your paperwork in, likely holding it at arms length with a disgusted look, check it in, and bring it back out to you so you can proceed down the wrong aisle and the yard guys get to pull on their horns like nobody’s ever seen. I secretly think they love doing that.

On your way out you’ll also not get out of your truck. You filthy animal.

If you’re a live unload with an elevated temperature, you’ll be checked in in the same manner, not leaving your truck.

You’ll then pull forward to the holding area past the gate, where you will drop your trailer. A yard driver will take it further into the property and get it unloaded.

You’ll likely be told to go the the truck stop nearby, or wait in the holding area in your truck if there’s nothing close by. My DC has three truck stops you can go infect with your disgusting zombie virus.

When your trailer is empty, the yard drivers will bring the trailer back to the holding area, drop it, and run away from you pretty quickly. Because you’re gross.

Far as I know, the one hour window either side of your appointment still applies.

I’ll ask about the procedure for outside carriers.
We had one so far with a temperature of 104 they had him drop his trailer and wait outside the gate.Then couldn’t understand why he didn’t answer his phone when his trailer was empty.

We had one so far with a temperature of 104 they had him drop his trailer and wait outside the gate.Then couldn’t understand why he didn’t answer his phone when his trailer was empty.
Did someone call a meat wagon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread