trying to star

cjlora

Apr 9, 2007
guys im trying to star a career as a trucker, some relatives work already in the conteiner work at diferents companies near the port of newark,they told me to get the license and HM endorsment and buying a truck i will have work easy. but now i find out that must companies wont give me work cuz of insurance, since i have no exp. the problem is i cant take a job making less than 600 a week cuz of my house mtg payment. as now im a limo driver in ny and im making 7-800 clean a week but if i stay ill never get the experiense. how can i star making decent money, meaning 6-800 a week.

Upvote 0

TravelerJ

Apr 2, 2007
Welcome to the forum.

It will be very difficult to just start off on your own without any training/experience. If you can't afford to take a temporary drop in pay (during training), your best bet would be to save up enough money to cover your expenses for a while during your training.

The last thing you want to do is find yourself sunk in debt with a truck purchase, and no place to work due to the lack of experience. Once you have the money saved, you might consider going through training and driving a company truck for a while to build up your experience.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread