trying to star

cjlora

guys im trying to star a career as a trucker, some relatives work already in the conteiner work at diferents companies near the port of newark,they told me to get the license and HM endorsment and buying a truck i will have work easy. but now i find out that must companies wont give me work cuz of insurance, since i have no exp. the problem is i cant take a job making less than 600 a week cuz of my house mtg payment. as now im a limo driver in ny and im making 7-800 clean a week but if i stay ill never get the experiense. how can i star making decent money, meaning 6-800 a week.

Welcome to the forum.

It will be very difficult to just start off on your own without any training/experience. If you can't afford to take a temporary drop in pay (during training), your best bet would be to save up enough money to cover your expenses for a while during your training.

The last thing you want to do is find yourself sunk in debt with a truck purchase, and no place to work due to the lack of experience. Once you have the money saved, you might consider going through training and driving a company truck for a while to build up your experience.

Welcome to The Truckers Forum. I agree with TravelerJ in that your best bet would be to put enough money aside that you can live on while you go through training.

In the meantime do as much research as possible on the job so you fully know what you are getting into.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread