Time for a rant

No but they annoy the shit out of me. I think I also hate these Prostars because it left me stranded 330 miles from home. Had to pull the speed sensor to get over 5 mph. So then we spent 5 hours with the truck beeping. I heard that beep even after I got out of the truck. I think I just hate them. I just have a aversion to Prostars. I've spent 1,000 mile days in these trucks and they are just rough. They have 660,000 miles on them. 660,000 miles on a Prostar and it's worse than the million miles Classic XL.

Because it doesn't normally bother me UNLESS it's a half loaded tanker and that particular truck. The Peterbilt I don't feel it near as much. International also doesn't understand that a seat shouldn't be at a 90 degree angle. That particular trailer also had alot of overhang so the 5th wheel was all the way back. The whole time it was back and fourth and back and fourth. Speed was going up and down the whole ride also because of the slosh. It wore my old man out too even with the glide.
48,000 is half loaded?

No but they annoy the shit out of me. I think I also hate these Prostars because it left me stranded 330 miles from home. Had to pull the speed sensor to get over 5 mph. So then we spent 5 hours with the truck beeping. I heard that beep even after I got out of the truck. I think I just hate them. I just have a aversion to Prostars. I've spent 1,000 mile days in these trucks and they are just rough. They have 660,000 miles on them. 660,000 miles on a Prostar and it's worse than the million miles Classic XL.
I know that beep.

Kinda reminds me of a smoke detector telling you the battery is low. Except more frequent and more annoying.

It's been over 4 years and I still hear that beep.

You're talking about total gross including truck and trailer. Ain't no way they're hauling 68k of product.
105,000 gross is the highest I've seen. 8,000 gallon tankers are the largest we have. Milk ways 8.6lbs a gallon. We have permits up to 94,500. During winter we have alot of milk to move. The 8,000 gallon ones are double pots also.

Depends on the trailer but alot of them will hold about 65,000 to 68,000. So 48,000 is more than half but it's not full that for sure.
Yeah that makes sense, it’s been a while.
You're talking about total gross including truck and trailer. Ain't no way they're hauling 68k of product.
I pulled a 7500 gallon tanker for a long time

There are several 9500’s around here. Michigan they have 15,000’s
Fif-fif- Fifteen ? I thought our 8,000s were big. I thought our 105,000 was really something.... Sounds like y'all need some tuned Cats and 18 speeds. I miss the tuned C15 Acert and 18 speeds we ran for 5 years. I don't think the prostar would go over 40 mph with a full 15,000 tanker.

Fif-fif- Fifteen ? I thought our 8,000s were big. I thought our 105,000 was really something.... Sounds like y'all need some tuned Cats and 18 speeds. I miss the tuned C15 Acert and 18 speeds we ran for 5 years. I don't think the prostar would go over 40 mph with a full 15,000 tanker.

Holy mother of explosion, Batman!
CB465384-88F8-4BDB-B36F-2359D2A27036.png

So you have been riding with your old man in trucks since you were 9 years old, or younger?
I was 4 almost 5 when I started. We put a car seat in the passenger seat lmao. I think it might have been 6 years we had the Acert but I'm not sure. Somewhere around that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread