Freightliner THERMO KING APU WARNING LIGHTS.

Sinister

pari animositate
Witness my grand and superior photography skills and tell me what this yellow warning means. Because I'm too lazy to look it up.

20210619_204655.jpg20210619_205034.jpg

I had the software out because mines faulting out lately too.

I’ve got a bad low pressure cutoff switch and can’t get the part until Monday when I go through Houston.

the new evolution are that way. The HMI doesn't give you diddly for information. The older legacy machines don't even give you that much information.

All that light means is there's an active fault. The software will tell you what the fault is and then there's a troubleshooting manual that you look up from there.

Does it start working again if you turn it off and turn it back on?

And what's the ambient temps like where you are now?

one thing you can look at is where is the frost sensor in the Evaporator.

It should be on the left side of the coil half way up.

If it's not there, move it. The evaporator could be freezing over.

but all of that is speculation at best and just throwing shit at the wall.

75 degrees but humid as hell. Still seems like it blowing cold. Very hot all week. Might be getting low on coolant. Old rig masters would eat coolant if they ran a lot.

I'm working extra this week so if it shits out I'll just idle until Monday then write it up like a true useless company driver.

I did notice however that yesterday driving down the road my voltage was at 13.5. I've right for a while this truck might have a weak battery.

Good luck getting a new set at this place.

Sounds like the same conditions as mine. I had it trigger last tuesday in Chicago in the same temps.

I don't understand why it's doing this down here in Brownsville where it's still upper 80's.

Unless the switch is getting closer to failing.
you could always put a paperclip in the connector...:taunt:

No it started right away. I shut the unit down at some point last night because it cooled off pretty good.

Mine froze the evaporator core and I just got tired of resetting the code so I opened up the box to this.

F586B4CA-E031-420D-A522-62D3FAC1F90B.jpeg

I let it thaw out and moved the probe to the far left at the recommendation of the tech at thermoking Houston.

we’ll see now if I still need a low pressure switch.
768E7793-8642-4444-BF9B-F1618D9A9D3C.jpeg

It’s needed today
84AD0340-19B2-45DA-AD4A-D1FBE3B59814.png

Not faulting out as often now.

It’s 92*F outside and the cab is 70*F.

thermoking back home didn’t install the evaporator drains at all on this thing either.

Wonder if this is your issues too.

the tech at Houston told me they’ve been moving the coil probe from the middle to the far left because of these issues.

Since 1pm, I have reset the apu once.

the coil temp is showing 33-35*F and the cab is still 70*F.

last night I had that fault about every hour.

Not faulting out as often now.

It’s 92*F outside and the cab is 70*F.

thermoking back home didn’t install the evaporator drains at all on this thing either.

Wonder if this is your issues too.

the tech at Houston told me they’ve been moving the coil probe from the middle to the far left because of these issues.
They actually gave you help over the phone without "Duhhhh I dunno. Bring it in and we will take our sweet time with it..."?

They actually gave you help over the phone without "Duhhhh I dunno. Bring it in and we will take our sweet time with it..."?
Yop.

told them the deal. Guy was, “ we’ve been finding you need to move the probe to the left side of the coil. We tried replacing the switch in the past but it never solved the problem.”

I’m sure having the software and knowing what code was setting don’t hurt either.

And I did find my drain. It was frozen closed. Big water puddle when the system thawed out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread