• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

The "What I Like About Swift" Thread

RACEFAN

Space Truckin
Premium
I looked through and couldn't find an I like swift thread, so I will start it.

I like Swift because ....

1) they have a cool logo
2) my good friend drives for them
3) they offer tuition reimbursement
4) there are alot of funny pics on the internet
5) you gotta start somewhere
6) they have alot of company terminals

Ok, thats all I can come up with since I am not actually out there yet.
Now this thread is going to blow up!
Let the lovin begin.

7 They are nationwide
8 They have a variety of freight
9 They can get you pretty much anywhere in a week at the most
10 Each terminal is run like its own little company in many ways. If you don't like how things are at "your" terminal, you can ask for a transfer.
11 Zone choices
12 Open door offices
13 Dedicated accounts
14 I'm here. Heh...

I like how, regardless of how courteous, professional or talented many Swifties are, some people are forced to dwell on negativity simply because of the logo on the side of the trailer and they need to put somebody else down to make themselves feel better.

I also like rubbing certain arrogant "other company" jerks' dicks in the dirt by making a back that four other drivers tried before me, two of them messing up their equipment while trying, one of whom had to make a report because property belonging to someone else was also damaged.

And I really like listening to the heckling on the radio while I make a big production out of a back I had nailed the first time by getting out to look and pulling up several times...then the guy beside me who was watching and listening to the whole thing tell everybody else what big fools I made out of them because he saw I had it the first time.

I looked through and couldn't find an I like swift thread, so I will start it.

I like Swift because ....

1) they have a cool logo
2) my good friend drives for them
3) they offer tuition reimbursement
4) there are alot of funny pics on the internet
5) you gotta start somewhere
6) they have alot of company terminals

7 They are nationwide
8 They have a variety of freight
9 They can get you pretty much anywhere in a week at the most
10 Each terminal is run like its own little company in many ways. If you don't like how things are at "your" terminal, you can ask for a transfer.
11 Zone choices
12 Open door offices
13 Dedicated accounts
14 I'm here. Heh...

15 They don't do heavy haul!

What is their pay rates for an experienced driver? That's a very important thing they seem to leave off of their recruiting page.

What I like about Swift is:

Like Conway, they are a guaranteed pass on the interstate.

Most all of the drivers I have encountered are polite and courteous.

Most importantly, you don't see a lot of them riding the middle lane jamming up traffic. (At least in the areas I run they stay to the right.)

I'm curious about how ol' Elvis there knows so many Swift drivers. There are thousands of them. And I daresay that "Most" of them do the job quietly, efficiently, and well. Going un-noticed.

If he's a driver, and not a Swift driver, why is he lurking in this thread? Ahhh, maybe he just had a knee-jerk reaction to a "recent" post?

Megafleets must have dozens of absolute bricks as drivers. It's a statistical certainty. To paint ALL their drivers with that broad of a brush is absurd and I truly wish folks would stop doing it. It's just not funny anymore. Too cliché. And particularly inappropriate in a "plus" thread for that megafleet.

But, if you're sittin' on the side waitin' for a load, and watchin' so many Swift trucks go by - pullin' hard - your immagination will tend to run on a bit.

Elvis, have a good day.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Pay maxes out at the five year mark. What that is, exactly, I couldn't accurately tell you. It's been a while since I've looked at the pay chart.

Swift does not run heavy haul in the sense BYP is thinking. However, there is a division in Sumner, WA that runs exclusively heavier permitted loads. Most of their trucks are permitted to 105K and run tag axle tractors with Rocky Mountain double vans and reefers.

I'm curious about how ol' Elvis there knows so many Swift drivers. There are thousands of them. And I daresay that "Most" of them do the job quietly, efficiently, and well. Going un-noticed.

If he's a driver, and not a Swift driver, why is he lurking in this thread? Ahhh, maybe he just had a knee-jerk reaction to a "recent" post?

Megafleets must have dozens of absolute bricks as drivers. It's a statistical certainty. To paint ALL their drivers with that broad of a brush is absurd and I truly wish folks would stop doing it. It's just not funny anymore. Too cliché. And particularly inappropriate in a "plus" thread for that megafleet.

But, if you're sittin' on the side waitin' for a load, and watchin' so many Swift trucks go by - pullin' hard - your immagination will tend to run on a bit.

Elvis, have a good day.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Wow really, you want to go their ok. To answer your #1question Yes I'm a driver to be exact I'm an owner operator been shifting gears since the age of 18 been otr since the age of 21 been an o/o since the age of 30.

#2 I said most drivers not all. Of all my years on the road I've met many decent Swift drivers. But also more than any driver cares to witness we see Swift drivers barrel on into truck stops at mach 4 and circle around at 45mph "yeah that's safe and respecting other drivers"

#3 Your mega fleet only cares about pushing loads and driving the price of freight down "thanks for that by the way". In your megafleet the driver does not have a name "unless he's some 10 year vet of the company" but is know as a number.

#4 It's usually me passing a Swift driver on the side of the road with the hood open cause the driver either ran her dry of fuel or cause the piece of garbage truck broke down "learn to service your older rigs proper".

#5 It's a public forum ya ass clown, if it were ment for Swift drivers only why not put it in the title of thread at least I'm respectful enough and would have never replied. Or you and your smart mouth go start your own website at WWW.SwiftFails.com

So have I answered your questions, Ohhh and also if your talking about my knee jerk reaction to post YOU must have been lurking around and found some pretty epic Swift pics I have posted, trust me got a lot more where that came from just you wait till I get the Epic Swift Fails from recent snow storms uploaded.

AND A GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR

What is their pay rates for an experienced driver? That's a very important thing they seem to leave off of their recruiting page.

Why bother posting the pay scale for a total of maybe 5 drivers who stick around long enough at a starter company to get to that point?

I've never once manually navigated to "Forum > Truck Driver Information > Trucking Company Forums > Trucking Companies > Swift Transportation". Yet I've got lots of posts in this section.

They show up when I click "New Posts". And I read them because it's funny to watch people bash Swift and then see all the replies the Swift drivers come up with in "knee jerk" reactions, which is to automatically counter everything negative that's said about the company.

I also get to these threads by clicking "New Posts" and I also enjoy the Swifties "knee jerk" responses to the negative things that get said and are for the most part true.
It has ALWAYS been some carrier that is the butt of jokes out here and it has ALWAYS been earned by the carrier and/or their "drivers" in some way.

I remember when it was JB Hunt and when it was Schneider and when it was Roadway....Any of you "old timers" remember the "Big R" jokes?

I didn't mention CR England and Werner because they have been the butt of jokes for so long that no one but a few of us can really remember when they were not laughed at!

Can't handle being teased? Don't drive for SWIFT!

If you do drive for SWIFT.....Be the one that surprises us when we meet you by not being the moron that races through the parking lot and parks in stupid places or on the fuel islands and then gets out of his/her truck looking like a homeless slob.

In other words....If you want respect, Earn it!

How did I know that even trying to start a positive thread would wind up with so much negativity. That's not why I started this thread people! I would also like to add that some of you vets could be setting a better example yourselves by not stooping to hijack a positive thread. Don't you have something better to do? By the way there is a "HATE" thread already on this "public" forum(actually quite a few), so why bash swift here? It really is just a reminder (by some) of the bad attitudes that are out there. C'mon, grow up people. I don't drive for anyone yet, but I am tempted even more to be "the one" that does surprise you by not being the moron that races through the parking lot and parks in stupid places or on the fuel islands and then gets out of his/her truck looking like a homeless slob. I have been to some truck stops that this comment would reflect the old timers.

Racefan is right. I BluntedElvis would like to apologize for hijacking, I know their are many good Swift drivers who do go unnoticed and are respectful.
I guess I just lost my mind alittle after a Swift driver threw cooking grease out his door splattering on my rims, it was just the straw that broke the camels back for me.
And when a new guy trys to defend his company I went on the defensive side and started to attack. I'm taking the hi road and apologizing to any nd all Swift drivers, and to those who may even become future drivers. I like how Swift is one of very few who take a chance on new drivers who are looking to start their career.

What my husband and I like about Swift... 1. They gave him a job when we really needed him to have one. 2. He is driving miles and seeing our beautiful country. 3. His mentor was knowledgable and professional. 4. He loves Volvo. 5. He got a phone call the other day while he was off duty from his DM. The DM called him to tell him. He was doing a good job. I haven't heard my husband that happy in a long time. 6. Other Swift drivers have been very kind to him even though he is a rookie. That's what we like about Swift.

I like the fact there's a Swift terminal 3 miles from my house. The city has widened all the corners and moved all the telephone poles further away from the curbs.

Pay maxes out at the five year mark. What that is, exactly, I couldn't accurately tell you. It's been a while since I've looked at the pay chart.

Swift does not run heavy haul in the sense BYP is thinking. However, there is a division in Sumner, WA that runs exclusively heavier permitted loads. Most of their trucks are permitted to 105K and run tag axle tractors with Rocky Mountain double vans and reefers.

I recall spotting a few of them last time I was up in your neck of the woods one was over @ biggs
and the other was over closer too hermiston

Wow really, you want to go their ok. To answer your #1question Yes I'm a driver to be exact I'm an owner operator been shifting gears since the age of 18 been otr since the age of 21 been an o/o since the age of 30.

#2 I said most drivers not all. Of all my years on the road I've met many decent Swift drivers. But also more than any driver cares to witness we see Swift drivers barrel on into truck stops at mach 4 and circle around at 45mph "yeah that's safe and respecting other drivers"

#3 Your mega fleet only cares about pushing loads and driving the price of freight down "thanks for that by the way". In your megafleet the driver does not have a name "unless he's some 10 year vet of the company" but is know as a number.

#4 It's usually me passing a Swift driver on the side of the road with the hood open cause the driver either ran her dry of fuel or cause the piece of garbage truck broke down "learn to service your older rigs proper".

#5 It's a public forum ya ass clown, if it were ment for Swift drivers only why not put it in the title of thread at least I'm respectful enough and would have never replied. Or you and your smart mouth go start your own website at WWW.SwiftFails.com

So have I answered your questions, Ohhh and also if your talking about my knee jerk reaction to post YOU must have been lurking around and found some pretty epic Swift pics I have posted, trust me got a lot more where that came from just you wait till I get the Epic Swift Fails from recent snow storms uploaded.

AND A GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR

Quote # 3

Puh leez get over it....that. like saying you o/o are the reason for fmcsa and all the dam regs

Grow up an learn too be more profitable

You have a skill an a market .....don't let things happen 2 you

Why don't you. Start happening too things

I've ran my own business too Beavis

Ya,ya. ,ya,ya,ya, ya

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread