• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

What's so bad about Swift?

moonbeast32

...or any major carrier? Since joining the forum, I've heard a lot of people trash talking Swift and other industry giants, but never at any time has anyone dropped any clues as to why they feel that way. Are they guilty of some serious HR malpractice, or have they just become everybody's straw man?

Mostly the latter because they are a training company they get a bad rap. Also with the size of their fleet as all megas they get recognized as having a lot of accidents. Even though percentage wise they are not really any worse than any other company.
What he said.

One company typically isn't any worse than the other. There are things about a company that you may like, than others dislike, it's all a matter of finding the right fit.

My start was a little more complicated. I had a job lined up at DHL, but since they werent a training company i got my initial training at Werner. After my training was done i told Werner to take this job and shove it. Stayed at DHL until my DC closed in '08. Since i couldnt prove recent driving history, i had to start all over again. Went to CR England and stayed there for 2 years. Now im with a smaller company.

Side note: I remember being the CR England driver complaining about small company drivers with big cb radios and ungoverned trucks. Now im the small company driver with a big cb radio and ungoverned truck complaining about CR England drivers. The circle of life.

I got spoiled last night. Borrowed a truck from the former Bedford Walmart account. 63mph governor, full sleeper, 10spd manual, and the only thing that didn't work was the radio.

Downsides were it didn't have an air release for the 5th jaw or air dump/lift.

But man, it rode nice. And it was black.

I got spoiled last night. Borrowed a truck from the former Bedford Walmart account. 63mph governor, full sleeper, 10spd manual, and the only thing that didn't work was the radio.

Downsides were it didn't have an air release for the 5th jaw or air dump/lift.

But man, it rode nice. And it was black.
no working radio...no air dump.....and governed..??

i'd have smoked my cigars in it, drop the ashes on the floor, and the seat, ate some KFC and leave greasy finger prints all over the shifter and steering wheel....and all the windows..

how dare they treat YOU like a dirt bag.....!!!!!!!!!

sorta like the way we treat you, and that shit just ain't right broother......just ain't...

no working radio...no air dump.....and governed..??

i'd have smoked my cigars in it, drop the ashes on the floor, and the seat, ate some KFC and leave greasy finger prints all over the shifter and steering wheel....and all the windows..

how dare they treat YOU like a dirt bag.....!!!!!!!!!

sorta like the way we treat you, and that **** just ain't right broother......just ain't...
Hahaha. The regular trucks are 60 so 63 is ZOOM!

Dispatcher was all "back already? damn you worked hard today!"

I was all. Shutmymouth.

First load was a live and they took me 45 minutes early, had me finished 15 minutes after my appointment time, and I even took 3 breaks. One unloading, one after fuelling, and another at my house.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread