The Island of Misfit Toys

Nice bartender at that place super friendly. Early Sunday afternoon the place was dead. Went with bacon cheeseburger and fries.

Lol last night a couple drivers went in there and got completely smashed. Got into a fight and it continued on back at the terminal. Nothing physical at the terminal just obnoxious buffoonery. One was just blotto. Shocked he made the walk back.

Nice bartender at that place super friendly. Early Sunday afternoon the place was dead. Went with bacon cheeseburger and fries.

Lol last night a couple drivers went in there and got completely smashed. Got into a fight and it continued on back at the terminal. Nothing physical at the terminal just obnoxious buffoonery. One was just blotto. Shocked he made the walk back.
I miss my girl. She's gone, owner is pretty much a dick. Seeing as how I hate the south, I'll never see that place again. Makes me sad. It is what it is. Glad you're having a good night. Old times that I'm gonna miss.

Good to see they were worried about keeping their company name respectable. Unbelievable. That right there is why it's so hard for me to respect company drivers. Ass clowns like that can be replaced by another mouth breather, and quickly. Stay in your shoes, idiots.

@MIT How's everything going over there? I think about you guys a lot. I spy on my old thread from time to time, seems like the waters are calm. Everything cool? I mean company-wise. Hopefully no major changes happening?

@Snowblind and @MIT I had a very weird introspective moment when I parked today. I'm at my home spot, and I saw the cast of regulars. Two Millis trucks that are clearly local guys. And three Landstar trucks, one of which I know for sure is a local. Feels weird to be flying another flag. Since I started here, I've seen one other guy in two weeks, that's it. It's kinda cool to be anonymous out here. Much less likely to be messed with at a truck stop. But I'm once again feeling like an Indian with no tribe. It's a little depressing. But I've always said that I am my own best company. I'm gonna have to say it like I mean it now lol.

@MIT How's everything going over there? I think about you guys a lot. I spy on my old thread from time to time, seems like the waters are calm. Everything cool? I mean company-wise. Hopefully no major changes happening?
Nothing I know of has changed. But I’m driving around with what feels like an anvil hanging over my head. Know there is going to be changes, just don’t know how drastic.

@Snowblind and @MIT I had a very weird introspective moment when I parked today. I'm at my home spot, and I saw the cast of regulars. Two Millis trucks that are clearly local guys. And three Landstar trucks, one of which I know for sure is a local. Feels weird to be flying another flag. Since I started here, I've seen one other guy in two weeks, that's it. It's kinda cool to be anonymous out here. Much less likely to be messed with at a truck stop. But I'm once again feeling like an Indian with no tribe. It's a little depressing. But I've always said that I am my own best company. I'm gonna have to say it like I mean it now lol.
I like Millis, but after what happened in Cartersville this past weekend. What you say sounds appealing.

Nothing I know of has changed. But I’m driving around with what feels like an anvil hanging over my head. Know there is going to be changes, just don’t know how drastic.

I like Millis, but after what happened in Cartersville this past weekend. What you say sounds appealing.
You have my number....

You and I have talked more than once about this path. Unfortunately two years is the magic number for what you want to do. Don't make my mistake. Wait for these folks. You'll thank me later. I've got an encyclopedia full of wrong turns made and correct decisions missed. I'm proud of you man, you're doing great 😁👍

Reactions: MIT
So far, after a couple weeks here, I can say without a doubt that this is the best work situation I've ever had in my life. Dealing with brokers directly is a fantastic improvement. Wish I would have made this change sooner. I have to create a routine for myself (and quickly) that will streamline my days here, but this is so amazing. Better money and so much less wasted time. Which of course results in more money. I clicked the heels on my ruby slippers and I made it home. Life is good. Grabbing a quick moment with Mrs Junkie for dinner because my Prepass transponder arrived, and I'm sick of pulling into every open scale. Grabbing a few beers and some food with wifey and heading out super early. Damn, this is awesome. It's a ton of legwork, but worth every minute of effort. This is true freedom. Going to bed a very satisfied trucker :) Hope y'all are doing well out there.

Welp, back in the same bar stool tonight. Got hosed real bad on this load. Wasn't the broker, it was the customer. I'm stuck sitting on this load until first thing Monday morning. On one hand, I'm pissed as hell. Their oversight cost me a lot of valuable time. On the other, the broker negotiated a hefty compensation amount. And I'm sitting at a truck stop I love, warm and happy holding a cold Bud bottle. Things could be better for sure. But they could sure as hell be worse. Looks like the universe feels like giving me a troublesome start here to make sure I'm worthy of the gift. Apparently the universe hasn't paid attention to what a stubborn pain in the ass I am. My wife could speak volumes.

Reactions: MIT
Welp, back in the same bar stool tonight. Got hosed real bad on this load. Wasn't the broker, it was the customer. I'm stuck sitting on this load until first thing Monday morning. On one hand, I'm pissed as hell. Their oversight cost me a lot of valuable time. On the other, the broker negotiated a hefty compensation amount. And I'm sitting at a truck stop I love, warm and happy holding a cold Bud bottle. Things could be better for sure. But they could sure as hell be worse. Looks like the universe feels like giving me a troublesome start here to make sure I'm worthy of the gift. Apparently the universe hasn't paid attention to what a stubborn pain in the ass I am. My wife could speak volumes.
Here’s to you bud!

FC42BA97-373F-4D39-B71F-7E61EB770983.jpeg

Here I sit watching my very unimpressive team. If they can't score against Cincy, you know we suck. Might have to change my profile pic to this soon...

dd5cc7e68d589698215b636d5734690f--steelers-fans-memes.jpg

Oh well. At least the beer is cold and plentiful. And the food here is absolutely marvelous. If y'all stop in Jeffersonville OH for the night, check out Werner's Smokehouse very close to the TA. Nice place, super friendly people. Cheers y'all.

20191124_140003.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread