The Island of Misfit Toys

I'm on it. Not seeing anything. My money is on a brake chamber. Tires are good, pressure is good, inflation system works fine.
That’s odd. Usually you find those with the spike yanked

Last trailer I had issues with the bags, dispatch asked me if I had the gladhand was hooked up right :foreheadslap:

Kind of a fair question as some of our trailers have a third gladhand but c’mon! That’s the first thing I’d check before calling the office

That’s odd. Usually you find those with the spike yanked

Last trailer I had issues with the bags, dispatch asked me if I had the gladhand was hooked up right :foreheadslap:

Kind of a fair question as some of our trailers have a third gladhand but c’mon! That’s the first thing I’d check before calling the office
No doubt

Do you own this trailer or is it leased or do they just give you one to use and run everything as lives?

Curious about this place you're at.
I don't own the trailer. Not yet. For now it's a lease through them, I'll decide whether or not I want to transfer it into an ownership payment or not in a few months. It's practically new, might as well. And it's a gorgeous trailer, for sure. I think I'd probably rather have a Hyundai or a Dane, but this one works just fine. I'm not trying to be vague about the company but out of respect for them I won't mention them by name here publicly. They'd probably consider me a poor representative of them because they are VERY churchy people. I am most decidedly NOT. I don't want to do anything to embarrass them or hurt their rep. They are super cool though, and incredibly nice. I couldn't possibly be happier, and I'm grateful to be here. This is a gift. I'm not the brightest guy on the planet, but I'm smart enough to know not tread on a gift.

I don't own the trailer. Not yet. For now it's a lease through them, I'll decide whether or not I want to transfer it into an ownership payment or not in a few months. It's practically new, might as well. And it's a gorgeous trailer, for sure. I think I'd probably rather have a Hyundai or a Dane, but this one works just fine. I'm not trying to be vague about the company but out of respect for them I won't mention them by name here publicly. They'd probably consider me a poor representative of them because they are VERY churchy people. I am most decidedly NOT. I don't want to do anything to embarrass them or hurt their rep. They are super cool though, and incredibly nice. I couldn't possibly be happier, and I'm grateful to be here. This is a gift. I'm not the brightest guy on the planet, but I'm smart enough to know not tread on a gift.
10-4. Is it a CIMC Vanguard? They're kind of taking over on price.

whichever trailer you go with. look at WHERE you go the most when you come home. And what's on that location to get your trailer to dealer wise.

I happen to pass I90/I35 in Southern Minnesota coming home. So I went to the local great dane dealer there and have now got a great working relationship with them now for 7 years since I got my own truck. The only reason I didn't get my first trailer there is because I bought the truck in Portland and wanted a trailer to start hauling freight to get me home so I found a used trailer in Seattle to buy.

@Snowblind and @MIT you guys will both appreciate this. Here's a sentence I never thought would come out of my mouth. I picked up a load from Westrock 'bout an hour ago and I was on their property for almost exactly 30 minutes. WTAF? Those guys weren't playing around. I was pretty sure I'd have to PC off their property, as I only had an hour and a half left on my clock. Color me stupefied. Guess who's about to get a killer Google review.

@Snowblind and @MIT you guys will both appreciate this. Here's a sentence I never thought would come out of my mouth. I picked up a load from Westrock 'bout an hour ago and I was on their property for almost exactly 30 minutes. WTAF? Those guys weren't playing around. I was pretty sure I'd have to PC off their property, as I only had an hour and a half left on my clock. Color me stupefied. Guess who's about to get a killer Google review.
Westrock people are good folks and they definitely don't dick around. I go to the Covington VA one with some regularity and if it's been a while they take notice.

That’s 26 and a half hours faster than. My current load.

Westrock people are good folks and they definitely don't dick around. I go to the Covington VA one with some regularity and if it's been a while they take notice.
I reckon it depends on which place you go to. I haven't been to a Westrock facility since I was a company driver. My experiences with them before were definitely not awesome.

I reckon it depends on which place you go to. I haven't been to a Westrock facility since I was a company driver. My experiences with them before were definitely not awesome.
Probably depends how often you're in there. I get to know a lot of these places and people because I hit them almost every couple days. First name basis, etc.

One of the advantages of repetition.

Managed to pull off one hell of a day today. Put in 16 hours, and I'm friggin whooped. Delivered a load this morning and snagged another load 45 minutes away that was short enough to run straight through with the time I had left. I made it to the final with 20 minutes left on my clock. Ran out of time waiting in line for a dock even though the broker promised me I'd have an open dock waiting on me. He knew my circumstances, and SWORE there would be a hole waiting so I would be legal. Of course that didn't happen. I mean, why would it? I had to crawl around the yard, over a scale, then move to the far side of the property and position myself to take the dock when the current truck was done. 3mph the whole way. All told I was out of time for two hours by the time dock guy was done and the plate came up. F*ck me, man. Hadn't scheduled a follow up load (thank god), so the safe haven PC rules don't apply to my situation. Good thing because the closest place to park was garbage. So I'm at one of my spots on my favorites list in Trucker Path and enjoying a cold beer. This may very well be the hardest day I've had since I started. Stressful AF for sure. Hope y'all are doin' well. Cheers 🍻20191113_171500.jpg

I always liked going to Westrock locations, never had a problem.... At least until today anyways. I still go to a couple different ones in this gig.

Found out this morning that my eyes are worse then I thought they were. Pulled a trailer out this morning, checked the seal numbers against the BOL and and all the other info, all was good and got the hell out of dodge. Got to delivery and guy checks 1 seal, says this number isn't on here.

WHAT??? **** me man.

Misread an 8 for a 6 on last digit.

Reactions: MIT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread