Templin's, Tokio, WA I-90 x231

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Premium
It's a little mom n pop, no frills lots of parking truck stop with an old-fashioned cafe restaurant and they're not 24-hour. But I've always had good service and a decent meal...and they make a really good milkshake. They get to know their customers.

The cook knows who's in the dining room by what order is sent back and knows how her customers like their food. It's served hot, which is something you don't get everywhere.

Well, today, as I was waiting to pay for a bottle of ibuprofen at the C-Store side, a young hippie woman tried to bring her dog into the store. Most places today just ignore it so they can get a few bucks. The young woman at the cash register asked whether the animal was a service dog. It was not. It would have to stay outside because of the restaurant.

Hippie bitch huffily says, "Well, (such and such) lets us bring him in on the other side." (Whatever the 'other side' is) Cashier girl stuck to her guns, politely. I thanked her for doing so. Since she's also my waitress, I will leave her a decent tip.

I get tired of people thinking their dogs are welcome anywhere they are, whether it's someone else's house, a grocery store or a restaurant. I think it's rude and unsanitary. There are two things dogs do that set my teeth on edge: beg at the table and shake their hair all over the place. I don't want dog hair in my food, thank you. Dogs do not belong in restaurants!

Yes, I had a dog. But the only store he ever went into was the pet store, where he was expressly welcomed. If I went to someone's house, I asked permission ahead of time for him to go in. If they didn't want him in their home, he went into his doggy jail for a while so he wouldn't eat my truck.

At any rate, there is a Love's going in ten miles from here. I'm hoping the addition of that Love's brings more attention to Templin's. The overflow trucks will have to go somewhere. Hopefully, they choose Templin's.

Last edited:
When is the Love's scheduled to open, do you know? Seems like the addition of these nationwide travel stops has a negative effect on the competitors more than it has a positive effect.

With more and more people shopping at WalMart, eating in their truck, and fueling only within a specific network, it leaves little room for an independent to make a profit.

That Love's opened a couple'a weeks ago.

...and the people going to WalMart, eating in their trucks and stopping at chain truck stops that only offer fast food are the same ones b****ing about not getting "real" food in a truck stop and blaming that for their obesity.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info. :thumbsup-80:

I don't get up that way often (as you already know), but I'll give em a try if I need a stop in that area.

Wonder how they do that?????
Being right by the scale and all..
Told 'em to stay off the property or they'd sue for harassment. Trucks were going into the t/s for dinner or a bathroom break and the asshats were trying to write them for failing to obey a traffic control device, even though the truck stop is before the scale either way you go. The owner had enough of the crap. Now, the cops have to stay in their scale house unless Templin's needs a response.

Asshats will stand outside their little shack and look into the parking lot with binoculars, but that's as close as they're allowed to get. They're not even allowed to use the johnny-pot out by the diesel pumps. LMAO

That is just totally wrong of the truck stop owners. How can I sleep at that truck stop knowing that Washington's finest isn't there looking over me and ensuring my safety while I sleep?

It's kind'a like Ports-to-Plains in Lamar, CO. There's a scale directly across from the t/s. If I'm headed south and the scale is open, I don't care. I'll go into the truck stop first...regardless of what color light is blinking on the PrePass. That t/s has often been my destination for the day. I don't GAS if the scale closes before I leave. If it does, I'll be on my merry way and CODOT can check me out next time.

If it's open on my way out, I will go into the scale. That's only happened twice since I started driving.

Same with Tokio. Cops aren't my problem and their wanting to write tickets for failure to comply isn't my problem either. I am allowed to go to the t/s without having to drive another 10 miles to turn around to do so, which may put me over my hours. Cops don't get to prevent me from obeying the law so they can write a ticket. That would be the very definition of entrapment.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread