• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Swift

jaiart

Seeing as how we "Swift", have intermodal, etc... I wonder how long it will be before we have tankers too.

Just make sure they install wheels on top and bottom of the tankers. That way, when they flip they can just keep speeding through the truck stop parking lot, lol

Someone actually got upset with me cause I wouldn't speed through a parking lot. I just laughed.

Someone actually got upset with me cause I wouldn't speed through a parking lot. I just laughed.

Some guys think they need to idle in their granny gear through a truck stop. It's typically the guys with the fancy 379's or W900's just polished, with 1500 lbs of chrome, trying to show off. I go the **** around those guys.

Yesterday at a Pilot though, a P.A.M. driver (one of those "Jamaica mon" types with the deadlocks) was going at least 30-35 mph. I acted like I was about to walk out in front of him just to see what he would do. He locked 'em up & his trailer axles were hopping up & down. Then some old guy started yelling at him. It was funny.

Almost everybody speeds through parking lots. I usually go through at about 10mph. I get bitched at for going too slow, then two minutes later, I get bitched at for going too fast. That's how I know it's the right speed.

As I pull in, CB gets turned off and I go as slow as I damn well need to.
I am not gonna let some impatient a-hole intimidate me into goin fast.
I see these jackwads haulin ass around the lots all the time. I just know it's only a matter of time until they run into someting or, even worse, somebody.

Why? I turn mine off too. I dont wanna listen to that crap in the truck stop.

I turn it on when I am entering the truck stop. Sometimes a truck is broke down on the fuel island, and you might get alerted to pick a different fuel island.

Or like in my case yesterday, when I caused half the parking lot at a truckstop to be evacuated because of a chemical spill, you might be encouraged to move along to the next stop.

Once I get parked, it immediately gets turned off

So you dont use it while diving?
Nah, crazy thing shorts out when it gets wet ;)

Close the discharge valve before leaving the shipper/receiver next time. :rolllaugh:

I'll have to remember that, gets me every time, LOL.

Apparently, I hit one of the 5 billion craters on I-85 in South Carolina just hard enough to break a weld at the bottom of the first compartment. A nightmare I am still living, as I am now stuck back in South Carolina waiting to reload the product that was taken out of the leaking tank into a couple other compartments to haul all the way back to Louisiana to the shipper. Would have gotten it reloaded this afternoon, but it took the tank wash all day to get the tank clean. Hate to have to deal with places like this all the time, everybody moves at the speed of snail.

and no, I don't use it much while driving. If I do have it on, it is turned down to the point it will only pick up somebody very close to me, or an overly powerful radio. If I do decide to listen to it, some idiot will likely make me change my mind and turn it off within a few minutes.

I am now stuck back in South Carolina waiting to reload the product that was taken out of the leaking tank into a couple other compartments to haul all the way back to Louisiana to the shipper. Would have gotten it reloaded this afternoon, but it took the tank wash all day to get the tank clean. Hate to have to deal with places like this all the time, everybody moves at the speed of snail.

Why did they have to wash the tank out just to put the same product back in it? Was it perishable?

Did they wash it out so they could weld up the crack without it blowing to pieces?

Why did they have to wash the tank out just to put the same product back in it? Was it perishable?

Did they wash it out so they could weld up the crack without it blowing to pieces?

The product in the leaky compartment was different than the other compartments. No welding on it while I am within a mile of it, even after it has been to just a tank wash.

The product in the leaky compartment was different than the other compartments. No welding on it while I am within a mile of it, even after it has been to just a tank wash.

How would you weld on a tanker? Fill it completely with water, then drain it? That's what I did when I was 14 when I made a super quiet go-kart muffler out of an empty 20 lb propane tank.

How would you weld on a tanker? Fill it completely with water, then drain it? That's what I did when I was 14 when I made a super quiet go-kart muffler out of an empty 20 lb propane tank.

Filling it completely with water would work probably, but I believe there is a process to be followed to ensure there is no flammable vapors of any kind present in the tank. Never been around this process, nor care to be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread