• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Swift Transportation

Reviewer

Swift Transportation is currently the largest truckload carrier in the United States, offering various driving opportunites including solo and team OTR position, regional, dedicated, and local driving opportunities. Swift Transportation has been recently named carrier of the year for companies such as Wal Mart, Quaker Oats, Rite Aid, Dollar Tree, Target, Fed Ex, Lowe's, and Ryder Logistics.

Whether you are an experience driver, or looking to begin your career in the trucking industry, Swift Transportation has opportunities for you.

For more information about Swift Transportation, visit their website at Swift Transportation Co.,Inc-America's Leading Trucking Company

-------------
Do you work for this company, or have you worked for it in the past? Give a review here. If you have questions, post them here as well for drivers who are familiar with the company to answer if possible.

Just wanted to come on here and thank everybody for their input. Realistically, how much money am i looking at making in my first year of trucking....
25 to 30 thousand and that's for any starter companies.Someone working minimum wage makes more the trucking does.

Just an update on my son (Hotwheels) experience with Swift. He is getting the miles, never turns down a load, is always on time and seems to have a great DM who makes certain he gets 3000 to 3,300 miles a week. Granted he stays out sometimes 6 weeks, but he loves the driving and puts up with whatever comes his way. Says it's just part of the job.
He made platinum status after just 3 months with Swift and came home to pick up his 15 year old son to ride with him for the summer until school starts. ( headed from NC to WI right now, with next plan accepted for the Northwest and OR)
The pay isn't great starting out in any company, but that will increases over the months. He has no high dollar debts to pay, so he is fine with the pay he's getting right now.
Swift will always get slammed by other drivers for any reason. It's mostly all started by some lazy slacker who didn't do the job and got fired, and then by the time the story he tells gets around to other drivers, they jump on the rumor mill and spread anything and everything negative they can about Swift.
There is 2 sides to every story, but they tend to leave out the second half.
Life is what you make it! If you get handed lemons, make lemonade. Stay positive and positive things happen, go negative and you get negative results. That's worked for me for 72 years now.
You have to get it straight from the drivers who are still with a company to get the real story and not listen to the negative half truths that goes around on here. From what all I have heard and seen....If you Don't cook the log books, don't refuse loads, don't get any accidents or tickets, don't be late for pick up or delivery and by all means don't get a bad attitude...... then you'll get the miles and the pay.

How is the pay for flatbed?

Companies like Swift and Werner will only pay about half of what the better (and smaller) flatbed companies pay. Even Western Express does not pay all that well, and they only give drivers $10 to tarp a load, no matter how big or small, and no matter how many tarps are used.

And the Swift and Werner flatbed divisions operate primarily out West.

Re: FINANCIALLY SOUND AND WILL BE OUT THERE ALONG TIME

I'm glad I read yours and the few others that were positive... I'm taking time to read everything on Swift - my hubby has orientation the 16th with Swift... I was kinda worried reading all the bad. Jeff has to pay his dues for having no OTR in all his years for driving. Hoping for best! Thank You for the positive note!

Just an update on my son (Hotwheels) experience with Swift. He is getting the miles, never turns down a load, is always on time and seems to have a great DM who makes certain he gets 3000 to 3,300 miles a week. Granted he stays out sometimes 6 weeks, but he loves the driving and puts up with whatever comes his way. Says it's just part of the job.

Pretty much.

There is 2 sides to every story, but they tend to leave out the second half.

Sad, but true.

Life is what you make it! If you get handed lemons, make lemonade. Stay positive and positive things happen, go negative and you get negative results.

Exactly!

You have to get it straight from the drivers who are still with a company to get the real story and not listen to the negative half truths that goes around on here. From what all I have heard and seen....If you Don't cook the log books, don't refuse loads, don't get any accidents or tickets, don't be late for pick up or delivery and by all means don't get a bad attitude...... then you'll get the miles and the pay.

There ya go!

Swift is not all bad

I like you... realist. It's a good quality.
Whatever company you end up with you are going to have some issues. Its what the individual wants out of it. If you want miles drive the loads given. If you are a slacker dont take the loads given, but dont rag on a company because of laziness. I have been with Swift 3yrs now and have not had any problems far as miles or any of the negative talk I hear so much about. If you are nice to your Travel agent (DM) you can get good miles. If your experience is not going well. Check yourself first before ragging on your company.....it might be you not them.

Vighkin2

I really don't post alot on these sites. However, I have posted on ****ed Consumer under the same name and the title of my post is Swift Company Drivers. Swift has a couple of employess that monitor these types of sites. So all of your messages are seen, and that is a good thing. The problem is "who" they are seen by. Whether those people have a genuine interest in improving Swift vs just looking for indicators of a problem. That being said, here is what I think. Swift is constantly being sued. This is not unusual for large corporations. But just like any other business, they have their threshhold for tolerance on these lawsuits. Corporations ONLY understand legal speech. You cannot get a "rise" out of any Swift Manager or Executive unless they know they can be held "legally" liable for something. That is the bare fact. So if you would like to train yourself on how to address any problem you have then look for your solution within the Driver Handbook or the FMCSA rules and regulations. If you do that, the company will understand what you are after and they will feel the necessity to address your concern or problem. Here is a suggestion, check out the website of Hagen and Berman law office and the lawsuit news related to Swift on that site. And then go on from there and research other Lawsuits against Swift on the web. You can teach yourself on how to deal with your DLs, DMs, DUM DUMS, etc.

Swift Transportation is currently the largest truckload carrier in the United States, offering various driving opportunites including solo and team OTR position, regional, dedicated, and local driving opportunities. Swift Transportation has been recently named carrier of the year for companies such as Wal Mart, Quaker Oats, Rite Aid, Dollar Tree, Target, Fed Ex, Lowe's, and Ryder Logistics.

Whether you are an experience driver, or looking to begin your career in the trucking industry, Swift Transportation has opportunities for you.

For more information about Swift Transportation, visit their website at Swift Transportation Co.,Inc-America's Leading Trucking Company

-------------
Do you work for this company, or have you worked for it in the past? Give a review here. If you have questions, post them here as well for drivers who are familiar with the company to answer if possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread