Swift Transportation

rdonovan1

I am just wondering as to what people's experiences with Swift are and as to what they know about Swift.

I used to drive for them and I have had a lot of problems with them and as a result I am interested in finding out more about them and their overall reputation.

The drivers that have bad things to say about Swift ethier has never driven for Swift and they are blowing off about something they know nothing about or Swift wouldn't hire them for their bad driving record. I have driven with them 2 different times and the last time I left them was for personal reasons. They will pay you for everything you do sitting,layover,hotels and give you extra pay for compensation. I have never been with another company that does that they will work with you every way possible. Don't let truckstop talk influence you because there isn't a bigger liar than a truck driver and that's a fact I've been doing this long enough to know that. Good luck

MidnightRebel03

I call B.S.

What part of Swift do you work for is what I want to know because i drove for them and sat most of the time waiting around for loads, most of the other time spent was being broke down because they don't take care of there equipment. He must have been one of the people that got paid off at the school to screw us honest drivers. I have to go and retest for everthing here in Pa. now. I'm going to talk to my lawyer tomorrow about sewing Swift over this because I worked my ass off to graduate from that school in 06' paid $3000 and now there saying I'm not certified to drive truck. I've only been hauling Hazmat for two years now,drivng for 3 and now they want to try and say I'm not qualified. We started the class I was in with over 300 people and only 38 of us graduated, how is there anything suspiciuos about that. "Oh they just pass everyone " Bull$h1t.:wtf:

krs1961

I don't know much about Swifts rep but being a new driver with them I can truly say they have got to be the most incompetent numbheads i've ever seen. What company dispatches its drivers and claims it has no legit directions or phone numbers to its customers??? I have gotten lost three or four times now because of their stupid directions and in the end was faulted for being late with the load. What a way to run a business.

rebel

Well known, by a few
Supporter
I don't know much about Swifts rep but being a new driver with them I can truly say they have got to be the most incompetent numbheads i've ever seen. What company dispatches its drivers and claims it has no legit directions or phone numbers to its customers??? I have gotten lost three or four times now because of their stupid directions and in the end was faulted for being late with the load. What a way to run a business.
I understand your frustration and it's justified...but (and you're not gonna want to hear this) that's more common than not.
When you get the load consider yourself on your own.
Get a notebook. Write down co. names addresses and ph. #s. And your own directions once you find the place.
Now the incompetent and uncaring dispatcher is out of the loop and out of your life. Like my daddy said,"Son, if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself."
Not the perfect answer but it's not a perfect world.
My wife did this as an OTR driver and I did it as a service tech running all over the place.
411, the yellow pages, maps and cell phones are your friends. The other people you work for are not.

Biker

Yes, I am!
Yep... First thing I'd do is contact the receiver or shipper and find out EXACTLY where they are. And specify truck route, otherwise the knucklehead will give you directions he takes in a car. Nothing is worse than making a turn onto a street and finding that 12' 6" bridge in your path. DOH! :biglaugh:

jeffthompson

ok there was a web site that had DOT inspection records and accident reports listed by company.

Swift scored significantly lower than both JB and Schneider (actually Schneider has a pretty damm good safety record).

Plus i have seen swift drivers do more bonehead moves that make me wonder if they have ever actually been trained.

Cerberus

In God We Trust
Of the big companies, the only company i consider worse than swift is CR england.