Truckers Health Sugar.

Sinister

pari animositate
I think if this country would take on the sugar industry, there would be an uproar like we've never seen. If we got the dirty details of what that industry has done to our food, people who lose their minds.

I'd like to be a fly on a wall at a meeting of the sugar lobbyists sometime. Then go back to being a human, because flies don't live very long. That's biology.

Speaking of shortened lives, tonight I treated myself to a Pepsi. For years, I've avoided soft drinks, and now only have them once in a while. Tonight I got a Wild Cherry Pepsi, and a "Made with Real Sugar" Pepsi.

Because Coca Cola products are for troglodytes, and uncultured rubes. Probably country music fans too.

Anyway, one - ONE - 16 ounce bottle of this "Real Sugar" Pepsi that I drank tonight has 132% of your recommended daily sugar in it. ONE HUNDRED THIRTY TWO PERCENT.

A guy that works here, that I referred for this job, and spent a year screwing up and pissing me off to the point I no longer talk to him once told me he "limits himself" to "two or three a day".

Good luck in the afterlife, dude.

When I was drinking, I eventually cut out the soft drinks, and went with straight Jim Beam over ice. The hangovers were a lot less severe.

I think if this country would take on the sugar industry, there would be an uproar like we've never seen. If we got the dirty details of what that industry has done to our food, people who lose their minds.

I'd like to be a fly on a wall at a meeting of the sugar lobbyists sometime. Then go back to being a human, because flies don't live very long. That's biology.

Speaking of shortened lives, tonight I treated myself to a Pepsi. For years, I've avoided soft drinks, and now only have them once in a while. Tonight I got a Wild Cherry Pepsi, and a "Made with Real Sugar" Pepsi.

Because Coca Cola products are for troglodytes, and uncultured rubes. Probably country music fans too.

Anyway, one - ONE - 16 ounce bottle of this "Real Sugar" Pepsi that I drank tonight has 132% of your recommended daily sugar in it. ONE HUNDRED THIRTY TWO PERCENT.

A guy that works here, that I referred for this job, and spent a year screwing up and pissing me off to the point I no longer talk to him once told me he "limits himself" to "two or three a day".

Is someone forcing you or anyone to drink a Pepsi?

The country should take them on because people cannot make their own choices?

Wow

Is someone forcing you or anyone to drink a Pepsi?

The country should take them on because people cannot make their own choices?

Wow
Start checking labels periodically. Just a casual look here and there. It's not about soft drinks specifically so much as the many other places.

Similar to how McDonalds said their food was healthy until that dude made that documentary and his doctor said he'd damaged his liver and kidneys from eating McDonalds three times a day for a month.

It's that evil.

Start checking labels periodically. Just a casual look here and there. It's not about soft drinks specifically so much as the many other places.

Similar to how McDonalds said their food was healthy until that dude made that documentary and his doctor said he'd damaged his liver and kidneys from eating McDonalds three times a day for a month.

It's that evil.
Who is forcing anyone to eat or drink any of that junk. Its a personal choice.

Read my second sentence in my first reply.

My point is that it's not always a choice, and that the sugar industry is quite clandestine on where and how much they've managed to put into all different types of food.

Please think, I'd rather not repeat that again.

Okay @Sinister there is Natural Sugar like Cane or Beet sugar..

Why all our Pops and Candy Bars are made out of High Fructose Corn Syrup is Raw Sugar Tarriffs and a very Powerful Farm Lobby that needs to convert "Excess" Corn into Product yet corn hit $3.3O a bushel on Chicago Mercantile Exchange far "Below" Production Cost "without" SUBSIDIES...

Wanna get kinky there @Sinister FDA told America that "BUTTER" was BAD from 1970s to 2000s eat "Margarine" n drink Skim Milk..

yet HYDROGENATED Soybean and Palm Oils been 'found" to be more HARMFUL..

also told us EGGS were "evil" too

Now turns out that Eggs and Real BUTTER are actually HEALTHY and SUPER-FOODS

Okay @Sinister there is Natural Sugar like Cane or Beet sugar..

Why all our Pops and Candy Bars are made out of High Fructose Corn Syrup is Raw Sugar Tarriffs and a very Powerful Farm Lobby that needs to convert "Excess" Corn into Product yet corn hit $3.3O a bushel on Chicago Mercantile Exchange far "Below" Production Cost "without" SUBSIDIES...

Wanna get kinky there @Sinister FDA told America that "BUTTER" was BAD from 1970s to 2000s eat "Margarine" n drink Skim Milk..

yet HYDROGENATED Soybean and Palm Oils been 'found" to be more HARMFUL..

also told us EGGS were "evil" too

Now turns out that Eggs and Real BUTTER are actually HEALTHY and SUPER-FOODS

See @MJ1657 ?

Even Birch understands the corruption in the food industry.

See @MJ1657 ?

Even Birch understands the corruption in the food industry.
Corruption. Pfffttt.

We can all make choices.

Tonight my supper consisted of venison I harvested and potatoes a friend grew.

What are you doing to put food on your table?

Oh ya, for sure big sugar is everywhere from a soda to bread. I think the Simpsons did an episode about big sugar (not the band).

Personal choices. You don't need to buy that soda you don't need to buy that Big Mac loaded with sugar.

Come to think of it I did watch a documentary on big sugar. I wish I could remember it but, it was about sugar cane growers in Florida and just how big and powerful their lobby group is.

Oh ya, for sure big sugar is everywhere from a soda to bread. I think the Simpsons did an episode about big sugar (not the band).

Personal choices. You don't need to buy that soda you don't need to buy that Big Mac loaded with sugar.

Come to think of it I did watch a documentary on big sugar. I wish I could remember it but, it was about sugar cane growers in Florida and just how big and powerful their lobby group is.

The government is already involved. They've allowed the corruption to happen.

I'm likely the LAST person you'll hear call for more government intervention, but if there's one place we could use some it's in consumer protections.

Its unreal that people feel they cant make their own choices.
Grow and harvest your own food. My freezers are full of things ive harvested. Its not that hard.

Its unreal that people feel they cant make their own choices.
Grow and harvest your own food. My freezers are full of things ive harvested. Its not that hard.

You do know some of us actually work away from home, right? It's also not a very practical answer for far too many people.

You do know some of us actually work away from home, right? It's also not a very practical answer for far too many people.
I drove truck for several years. I still stocked my freezer with everything i mentioned.

Its all about choices. Or excuses......

So you're not currently driving upwards of 70 hours a week, and instead stay home and garden and hunt?

And you think everyone can do that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread