Seal

Dave Jhonson

I gave someone to haul my fraight.
The fraight was double broke.
At first white trailler pickup the fraight after that he delivery the load with yellow trailler but with the same seal number.
My customer refused to accapte the fraight beacouse he think that the carrier change the fraight from white trailler to yellow trailler.
He open claim to us.
So the quastion is like this to whom i must claim the carrier who booked the load with me or the carrier that really haul the freight

The disconnected run on sentence starting with "I gave" and ending with "haul the freight".....

I'm surprised it wasn't triple brokered.

As a motor carrier, I can't tell you the number of times I get blind bills, special instructions or other stupid requirements that seriously indicated double or triple brokering.

Yet there isn't a single thing we can do.

If it truly bothers you, then contact a us attorney general for your area. See if they'll actually prosecute someone. They'll probably just laugh at you.

If your customer has a heartache with it, then what's the true actual loss other than someone swapping trailers on him.

Double brokering has nothing to do with a seal or trailer being different.

Does the bill of lading have the trailer number on it?

start with the original broker and follow the paper trail and you`ll see where it goes wrong

We have some of those (one doesn't even put the # on the BOL) but it never occurred to me that people wouldn't put it in before they leave to cover their ass. I'm too honest I guess.

I know a few drivers if they don’t make you put it on they don’t until right before they go in. One guy I know will do it as he walks to yeah Check in on one run he does frequently. Reason. So if dot wants to look in the trailer he don’t have to get another seal I explain that dot will sign they broke seal and even reseal it and put that on there. He said too much headache receiver will still throw a fit. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think it’s dumb if they want it sealed seal it asap. Just my 2 cents

I know a few drivers if they don’t make you put it on they don’t until right before they go in. One guy I know will do it as he walks to yeah Check in on one run he does frequently. Reason. So if dot wants to look in the trailer he don’t have to get another seal I explain that dot will sign they broke seal and even reseal it and put that on there. He said too much headache receiver will still throw a fit. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I think it’s dumb if they want it sealed seal it asap. Just my 2 cents
If DOT wants to break a seal, they give you a copy of a form explaining the reason for breaking the seal, and then re-seal it. Officers signature and badge no. are on it, with contact info. Never had anybody get upset over it myself.

If DOT wants to break a seal, they give you a copy of a form explaining the reason for breaking the seal, and then re-seal it. Officers signature and badge no. are on it, with contact info. Never had anybody get upset over it myself.
A lot of people do stupid things because they are stupid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread