• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Schneider National Driver Wins First Annual Woman Trucker Award

Mike

Women in Trucking Association, DOTAuthority.com, Inc. and the Orlando Truckers’ Conference Honor Glenda Campbell for Success in Truck Driving

GREEN BAY, Wis. — March 27, 2007 — Schneider National, Inc., a premier provider of transportation, logistics and intermodal services, today announced that professional truck driver Glenda Campbell has won the first-ever “Woman Trucker Award”. The award was presented to Campbell by officials from the Orlando Truckers’ Conference, DOTAuthority.com, Inc. and the Women in Trucking (WIT) Association in February at the 2007 Orlando Truckers’ Conference (OTC) in Orlando, Fla. The three organizations recently joined forces to spotlight one female truck driver every year who demonstrates dedication to the profession, and to encourage women to enter the predominantly male trucking and freight brokerage industries.

After a successful career in computer electronics, Campbell decided to become a Schneider driver with her daughter in 2004. In her 50s at the time, she earned her commercial drivers license (CDL) through Schneider’s company-provided training program. Though her daughter eventually left the industry, Campbell remained and has been driving accident-free for the company ever since.

“I feel privileged to be the first winner of this award,” said Campbell. “I really enjoy driving. Not only do I get to see the country, but I’ve been able to prove to myself that I can succeed in a largely male-dominated field. Through this award, I hope I’m able to influence other women to pursue truck driving and enjoy its many rewards.”

According to the American Trucking Associations (ATA), women make up just 4.5 percent of the industry’s drivers. Schneider currently has more than 900 female drivers on the road.

“We commend the WIT Association, DOTAuthority.com and the OTC for establishing a partnership that empowers women in this industry,” said Rob Reich, vice president of enterprise recruiting for Schneider National. “Through this award, they are not only inspiring Glenda to continue her good work, but they’re elevating awareness of this career choice for women everywhere.”
The WIT Association is a non-profit women’s advocacy organization established to give women in the trucking industry a forum to voice and share their accomplishments, struggles and successes. For more information, visit Women in Trucking Association.

DOTAuthority.com, Inc. is a New York-based business-to-business transportation management consulting firm that helps start-up motor carriers, freight brokers and freight forwarders secure their federal and/or state business licenses (operating authority). It is also a leading provider of professional development training programs for new entrant carriers and freight brokers.

The Orlando Truckers’ Conference is an annual industry event geared toward education, entertainment and networking. The two-day tradeshow features up to 100 exhibitors, offering products and services of interest to truckers and start-up carriers.

About Schneider National, Inc.
Schneider National, Inc. is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Serving more than two-thirds of the FORTUNE 500® companies, Schneider National offers the broadest portfolio of services in the industry. The company’s transportation and logistics solutions include One-Way, Intermodal, Transportation Management, Dedicated and Bulk. With wholly owned subsidiaries Schneider Logistics, American Port Services and American Overseas Air Freight, Schneider National is the only truckload carrier to offer customers end-to-end domestic and international logistics solutions.
Headquartered in Green Bay, Wis., Schneider National has provided expert transportation and logistics solutions for more than 70 years. A $3.7 billion company, Schneider National conducts business in more than 28 countries in North America, Europe and Asia, and continues to grow its international service offerings. For more information about Schneider National visit Schneider National - Home page or call (800) 558-6767.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread