• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Questions about Schneider

TruckNado

Hello all, first post here.
I'm about to finish up my CDL school and from all my research I've decided that Schneider was probably the best fit for what I'm looking to do. I'm considering joining the tanker division there to get that experience.

I came across a blog post on their site explaining the average pay and it was a convaluted pile of horse manure. In the comments section some folks were probing the recruiter to elaborate further but to no avail. He just kept dodging of course.

I did some more digging around the net and discovered a few reviews from drivers who have to haggle with the company to get their paychecks reworked every week! This may be due to errors or intentional attempts to short the driver. The thought of having to maintain an insane amount of oversight over money grubbing thieves on top of all my other duties is a major put off. I have a bad feeling that this is the status quo industry wide which really deflates my enthusiasm for a career in trucking. Any insiders got intel on this situation at Schneider?

Here is a few more inquiries specific to Schneider if there any of their employees lurking around here.

Can I carry a pistol?
Can tanker trainees only drive when the tank is empty?
Do they still do the three drivers/one truck OTR that runs two weeks out one week home? If so, can you make decent pay with this configuration and is it really seven days home?

That's it for now and thanks in advance for reading or replying.

The job postings on the Schneider website are pretty accurate pay wise. If it says you'll make about 67,000 a year that's probably what you'll make. Depending on your ability to move your butt. Hustle your ass off, you'll probably make more. Screw around and flirt with every check-in girl you see, you'll make less.

Yes, you have to pay attention to make sure your check is correct. We log our runs in a personal notebook and tally it up for the week.

I'm intermodal at Schneider. I don't know anything specific about the other divisions.

The whole industry is screwed up.

BS as far as the eye can see.

"But what about that shadowy place?"

"That's Swift. You must never go there, Simba."

Thanks for the replies ya'll, Schneider is my first choice for sure. It just kind of trips me out that they would f**k with people's money. They'll probably get tired of my ass hounding them then because I won't let a damn nickel slide.

Good news is dchawk81 said that you do make about what they advertise and more if you can hustle. That relieves some apprehension.

I would like know if allow drivers to carry concealed weapon.

Thanks for the replies ya'll, Schneider is my first choice for sure. It just kind of trips me out that they would f**k with people's money. They'll probably get tired of my ass hounding them then because I won't let a damn nickel slide.

Good news is dchawk81 said that you do make about what they advertise and more if you can hustle. That relieves some apprehension.

No weapons.

I had to watch my checks at US Xpress as well. Just tell 'em and they'll fix it. Send it as a message over Qualcomm.

There's better news: Schneider tankers aren't that gawdawful orange!

:biggrin-2:

I got another question if you guys get a minute. How useful is Schneider's nation wide parking?

Do you find that you can usually route your trip to make use of this perk?

I got another question if you guys get a minute. How useful is Schneider's nation wide parking?

Do you find that you can usually route your trip to make use of this perk?
The parking is pretty decent at the terminals I have been to, other than the worthless tanker terminal in Houston. Trailer triple parked there around the clock and nowhere to park.

Of course, most trucking company terminals have the ambiance and aroma of a seedy garage...
Yep. Scenic.

Everyone was like "hey man y'all need to check out the huuuuuge amaaaaaazeballlllllssss main terminal in Gary, Indiana!"

I googled it. Member photos or whatever they're called say "meh."

I guess I'm hard to impress. Satellite shows a big mess of people who can't park to save their lives.

Yep. Scenic.

Everyone was like "hey man y'all need to check out the huuuuuge amaaaaaazeballlllllssss main terminal in Gary, Indiana!"

I googled it. Member photos or whatever they're called say "meh."

I guess I'm hard to impress. Satellite shows a big mess of people who can't park to save their lives.

The place is big, but mostly unpaves. That said, it’s nice to have room for a couple hundred drivers to park overnight in the Chicago area without having to worry about getting into town early. Showed up there at all hours of the night and could always find a place to park. Pretty good food there as well.

The place is big, but mostly unpaves. That said, it’s nice to have room for a couple hundred drivers to park overnight in the Chicago area without having to worry about getting into town early. Showed up there at all hours of the night and could always find a place to park. Pretty good food there as well.
I don't doubt the convenience....or need...is there.

It was pitched to me like some kind of Mecca a la Bosselmans or even a huge mall type place when it clearly isn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread