• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Questions about Schneider

TruckNado

Hello all, first post here.
I'm about to finish up my CDL school and from all my research I've decided that Schneider was probably the best fit for what I'm looking to do. I'm considering joining the tanker division there to get that experience.

I came across a blog post on their site explaining the average pay and it was a convaluted pile of horse manure. In the comments section some folks were probing the recruiter to elaborate further but to no avail. He just kept dodging of course.

I did some more digging around the net and discovered a few reviews from drivers who have to haggle with the company to get their paychecks reworked every week! This may be due to errors or intentional attempts to short the driver. The thought of having to maintain an insane amount of oversight over money grubbing thieves on top of all my other duties is a major put off. I have a bad feeling that this is the status quo industry wide which really deflates my enthusiasm for a career in trucking. Any insiders got intel on this situation at Schneider?

Here is a few more inquiries specific to Schneider if there any of their employees lurking around here.

Can I carry a pistol?
Can tanker trainees only drive when the tank is empty?
Do they still do the three drivers/one truck OTR that runs two weeks out one week home? If so, can you make decent pay with this configuration and is it really seven days home?

That's it for now and thanks in advance for reading or replying.

Glad to see the acceptance. I honestly was expecting at least a little "looking down" at me. RJ nailed it though, there are a lot of different paths you can go with a cdl. So far, I have gotten into the next town over as a "on call" street department driver. Just part time plowing right now, but something!

Glad to see the acceptance. I honestly was expecting at least a little "looking down" at me. RJ nailed it though, there are a lot of different paths you can go with a cdl. So far, I have gotten into the next town over as a "on call" street department driver. Just part time plowing right now, but something!
I hope I didn't come across as looking down.

The recruiting banner here at the yard even sets a low "promise." Most guys make WAY more. But a few make less. The ones making less than the advertisement either aren't cut out for the style of work or aren't motivated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread