Q-KB# any players in here.....

quillcom

Tired of playing GrandMasters. Once they see my elo rating
they make me think I'm about to win then they do this to me.....
chess.JPG
Check Mate lol

So, anyone here play on Chess.com ?

Or looking for players on here that play scrabble on Lexulous.com or Words With Friends through Facebook or app.

Tired of playing GrandMasters. Once they see my elo rating
they make me think I'm about to win then they do this to me.....
View attachment 43590
Check Mate lol

So, anyone here play on Chess.com ?

Or looking for players on here that play scrabble on Lexulous.com or Words With Friends through Facebook or app.
I don't play on that app but I have an app on my phone called play Magnus. It is just playing against the computer. I have only moved up one level so I am playing Magnus Carlsen at like age 6 LOL

Did you go with the Magnometer too.

I really only play chess on Pads or lapT's. Anything under 8" is getting a bit smallish. I'll try it out for a few days and tell what i think.
No I didn't go with the Magnometer.
Sure, try it out I would like to hear what you think of it.

Sure, try it out I would like to hear what you think of it.

Ok maybe you can try Chess.com.

The thought of playing someone clear across the globe in other countries is intriguing.

Its not like your going to get crushed. They match you with your skill set. Or you can pay to play
whatever skill set you like, or play against the computer by yourself like you like to do..
And there's an app version too.

Ok maybe you can try Chess.com.

The thought of playing someone clear across the globe in other countries is intriguing.

Its not like your going to get crushed. They match you with your skill set. Or you can pay to play
whatever skill set you like, or play against the computer by yourself like you like to do..
And there's an app version too.
Sure, I will give it a go!
I am not sure when I will get to down load it, but I will make time this week.

am not sure when I will get to down
Take your time. Meanwhile...

Uggghh!!!! I lost to a 7 year old! (Bobby FIsher was around this age when he said "I just got good"). So no shame here.

The first game I crushed it at the 5 year old level. So I took it for granted and was making my moves real fast without really concentrating during the next game at 6 years old.

I quickly made a rematch at that level and easily beat it at the same 6 year old level.

What level do you play at regularly? Do you win most or lose most games.

I also like to play timed games like Blitz.
Is there a setting for that on Magnus.

Chess.com has correspondense chess as well as Blitz and Bullet and chess 960.

Have you ever played these types?

I’ve been playing Othello. Offline. It’s on the easy setting right now. My winning percentage is 51%
(31 games)

Yeah, I know you all will say pffft... Othello is a po mans chess. Not worthy of any mention and even still you’re only at 51% (dumbass)

BUT!!

Translate that to a batting average I’d be gettin paid big time! :harumph:

Take your time. Meanwhile...

Uggghh!!!! I lost to a 7 year old! (Bobby FIsher was around this age when he said "I just got good"). So no shame here.

The first game I crushed it at the 5 year old level. So I took it for granted and was making my moves real fast without really concentrating during the next game at 6 years old.

I quickly made a rematch at that level and easily beat it at the same 6 year old level.

What level do you play at regularly? Do you win most or lose most games.

I also like to play timed games like Blitz.
Is there a setting for that on Magnus.

Chess.com has correspondense chess as well as Blitz and Bullet and chess 960.

Have you ever played these types?
I was playing Magnus at age 6 and getting my ass kicked! at the beginning. Now I would estimate that I lose about 60% of the time.
I am not sure if there is a setting for timed matches. I never looked into it.

No I have never paid any money.
Recognize this guy.
magnus-carlsen.766c8c1a.jpg
Magnus Carlsen
Master Chess Games - Chess.com

They feature him a lot on chess.com

Today his elo rating is a whopping 2800+ (most Grandmasters are between 2500-2700)
A person with an average rating would be around 1200-1300
My rating is about 1600-1700 @ 30min or more.

If you want you can analyze his games move by move. Carlsen, M. - Hou Yifan (2016) - Master Chess Game - Chess.com
It will strengthen your openings middle and end games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread