Oversize Pics

??

It's been a long winter eh?
Thanks for your question. Same length winter but a tad milder. The big variable was the China flu when the local government went nuts along with so many other governments. It's still nuts. Got to read, get healthy, clean guns, etc.

Got a rifle with a Belgian commercial 98 action behind a 20-inch barrel in .308 Norma. Always thought that a short barrel was dumb for a cartridge that holds 88 grains.

My Ruger #1 in 338 has a 26" barrel -- that makes sense and since it's a single shot the rifle it's about the same length as the Mauser. It was my favorite carry gun when I walked the bear trails of the Alaska Peninsula. So the Mauser stock and action is heading to a gunsmith for a new barrel and a receiver sight. My big project for the day. I like the .308 and handload for it but it's nice to have the readily available factory ammo. What caliber would you choose?

Thanks for your question. Same length winter but a tad milder. The big variable was the China flu when the local government went nuts along with so many other governments. It's still nuts. Got to read, get healthy, clean guns, etc.

Got a rifle with a Belgian commercial 98 action behind a 20-inch barrel in .308 Norma. Always thought that a short barrel was dumb for a cartridge that holds 88 grains.

My Ruger #1 in 338 has a 26" barrel -- that makes sense and since it's a single shot the rifle it's about the same length as the Mauser. It was my favorite carry gun when I walked the bear trails of the Alaska Peninsula. So the Mauser stock and action is heading to a gunsmith for a new barrel and a receiver sight. My big project for the day. I like the .308 and handload for it but it's nice to have the readily available factory ammo. What caliber would you choose?
I'm not really a good person for advice on firearms, but it would seem that a 338 has a different intended target than a 308. What are you using it for?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread