Trucking Regulations: OOIDA backs Washington state bill mandating restroom access for truckers

Mike

If one Washington state lawmaker gets his way, truck drivers operating around the state would get assurances for access to restroom facilities.

The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association welcomes the pursuit to aid truck drivers.

Rep. Mike Sells, D-Everett, is chairman of the House Labor and Work Force Standards Committee. His bill would require a retail establishment to allow a common carrier delivering goods to the establishment access to a restroom during normal business hours. Marine terminals also are covered in the legislation.

It's a damn shame that something like this even needs to be legislated, but thanks to booking apps and google reviews, I can bid on loads based on stuff like this. Be known for refusing something as basic as a restroom, expect to pay more for me to haul crap to or from you facility.

If one Washington state lawmaker gets his way, truck drivers operating around the state would get assurances for access to restroom facilities.

The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association welcomes the pursuit to aid truck drivers.

Rep. Mike Sells, D-Everett, is chairman of the House Labor and Work Force Standards Committee. His bill would require a retail establishment to allow a common carrier delivering goods to the establishment access to a restroom during normal business hours. Marine terminals also are covered in the legislation.

It's a damn shame that something like this even needs to be legislated, but thanks to booking apps and google reviews, I can bid on loads based on stuff like this. Be known for refusing something as basic as a restroom, expect to pay more for me to haul crap to or from you facility.
that just leave the other 48.5 states to follow.

They already passed a law like that in Ontar-we-owe.

With out looking it up it says that drivers can not be denied access to a rest room. Residences are exempt, so the pizza delivery guy can NOT demand access.

I think the work around for companies will be plastic port-a-potties. They are nice in -30 weather and also in +30 weather. ( metric)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread