New Member Introduction

I have just enough mix of bouncing between local, long haul, and sitting for several days at a time to keep me from climbing a clock tower with a rifle.

Barely.

Though lately the amount of bullshit from some of these shippers and receivers has got me where I'd probably jump in a second if something remotely appealing came along. Luckily (or unluckily) for them it looks pretty shitty around here as of late.

I have just enough mix of bouncing between local, long haul, and sitting for several days at a time to keep me from climbing a clock tower with a rifle.

Barely.

Though lately the amount of bullshit from some of these shippers and receivers has got me where I'd probably jump in a second if something remotely appealing came along. Luckily (or unluckily) for them it looks pretty shitty around here as of late.
Shippers and receivers have been pretty good lately for me but it's the traffic that's been my bane. There's more of it and it keeps getting dumber. Roads that didn't used to be packed are like sardines. It's nuts. They need to go back to their jobs and leave my roads alone.

Shippers and receivers have been pretty good lately for me but it's the traffic that's been my bane. There's more of it and it keeps getting dumber. Roads that didn't used to be packed are like sardines. It's nuts. They need to go back to their jobs and leave my roads alone.
Shoulda seen 95th St goin into Richmond at 530 sunday mornin. Plus it was rainin

Really? 45 mph in the middle lane??

Bout near come to a stop once the idiots see a wiggle wagon comin around em

Shoulda seen 95th St goin into Richmond at 530 sunday mornin. Plus it was rainin

Really? 45 mph in the middle lane??

Bout near come to a stop once the idiots see a wiggle wagon comin around em
South or north? We have two regular customers down there, one on the north side and one on the south side. I use as little of 95 as possible. Just enough to get my butt onto 17 to run up the state routes to 66 then over onto 81. It's retarded.

South or north? We have two regular customers down there, one on the north side and one on the south side. I use as little of 95 as possible. Just enough to get my butt onto 17 to run up the state routes to 66 then over onto 81. It's retarded.
Southbound

81 aint much better, but it still beats the hell outta 95

Used to be south of Quantico was clear sailin. Then the BS extended to Fredericksburg. Now its that whole damn stretch 🤬.

I dont mess with 95 above 104mm anymore

Southbound

81 aint much better, but it still beats the hell outta 95

Used to be south of Quantico was clear sailin. Then the BS extended to Fredericksburg. Now its that whole damn stretch 🤬.

I dont mess with 95 above 104mm anymore
Yeah they upped the construction ante more south so it gets worse.

81 is my bread and butter and used to have big windows of clarity but not so much anymore.

I ran 8 loads into that same customer today, never hit the big road or even state road. It's three local roads. No red lights, one stop sign in one direction and two the opposite. Only 4.7mpg but only burned about 13.5 gallons including my commute to and from the house, and the customer was exactly midway between the rail and my house.

It took just under 7 hours, not even really hustling.

The money wasn't huge but the fuel usage was so low that it netted about the same as most other days.

If it wasn't for my height and shoulder making doors and landing gear a PITA and my truck being emissions, I'd do that shit all the time if it was available. It would actually be perfect work for the old Ford.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread