My Kid Has Officially Joined The Navy - Aviation Ordnanceman

First deployment on the Ford is complete, she will be going out for a longer one next year, and going to Florida and Nevada for training between now and then.

Rate is the navy version of MOS. Her job in the navy. I just had never heard of any that trained in Nevada unless maybe a C school or something.
Gotcha. Aviation Ordinance. They have fighter squadrons out there, also TopGun is actually out there as well.

She gets detached from her squadron in Oceana to train with a unit out there for a few months. This will be her second trip there.

Gotcha. Aviation Ordinance. They have fighter squadrons out there, also TopGun is actually out there as well.

She gets detached from her squadron in Oceana to train with a unit out there for a few months. This will be her second trip there.
Ahh OK I do remember you saying she was stationed in Virginia. Aviation didn't even cross my mind for some reason but they do have air stations damn near everywhere.

Well, barring any last minute decision change, the middle child is now on course to joint the United States Marine Corps.

Official thread, when it becomes official, lol.

This one has already been accepted to University Of Arkansas, and until a month or so ago that looked to still be the plan.

Right now, looking at an Officer program, beginning in the enlisted ranks. Option to enlist either reserves or active duty during enlistment, but leaning heavily toward active duty.

Well, barring any last minute decision change, the middle child is now on course to joint the United States Marine Corps.

Official thread, when it becomes official, lol.

This one has already been accepted to University Of Arkansas, and until a month or so ago that looked to still be the plan.

Right now, looking at an Officer program, beginning in the enlisted ranks. Option to enlist either reserves or active duty during enlistment, but leaning heavily toward active duty.
Last I heard, that kid was like 13 years old. I guess that was a while ago 🤣

Last I heard, that kid was like 13 years old. I guess that was a while ago 🤣
18 now, lol

At the last minute, she chose to not wait on taking the ASVAB later this month and left this morning for MEPS. If all goes well there over the next couple days we may find out when she goes to Boot camp.

9 Months ago, the USMC started training women in San Diego for the first time ever, so there is a chance she will go where I went, which would be cool to see her graduating on the same deck I did a few years ago.

Maybe become an MP like Papa?
She was looking at finance as well as logistics in the beginning. Now she is getting enthused about operating large vehicles, lol. Oh, and being a firefighter.

Firefighter wouldn’t be a surprise if she comes home announcing that since she has always had an interest in it.

How's the littlest one doing? Last I heard she was headed for the Olympics but it was covid canceled.

How's the littlest one doing? Last I heard she was headed for the Olympics but it was covid canceled.
Level 9 this year. Just finished a meet in Texas about an hour ago. Uneven Bars are her nemesis this year, but she is close to making it all come together.

Next stop, South Carolina.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread