Mileage pay increase for Canadian Loads

terrylamar

In a suprise and totally unexpected move today, ATS increased mileage pay $.25 for loaded miles going into Canada. Because I go into Canada, frequently, I am extremely pleased. For example, I have a load tomorrow which loads in Waco, TX and delivers in Surrey, BC, 2205 loaded miles which will net me an extra $551.25.

I may have to accept more Canadian loads now!

Terry, i live in Austin too ,worked for Landstar till August 2011. Then I had to kiss my old truck good buy , she was not worth fixing. So I called one day to ATS to hear what they have to offer. When I heard their pay scale from 83cpm to 1.25 cpm I hung up . I ran to Regina or Calgary or Edmonton out Of Waco or Houston not less then 3.50 p/m. Sometime 4.50 . And it's not OD loads. Just tarped steel. Landstar pays you 73% on flatbed. So do some calculation .

Terry, i live in Austin too ,worked for Landstar till August 2011. Then I had to kiss my old truck good buy , she was not worth fixing. So I called one day to ATS to hear what they have to offer. When I heard their pay scale from 83cpm to 1.25 cpm I hung up . I ran to Regina or Calgary or Edmonton out Of Waco or Houston not less then 3.50 p/m. Sometime 4.50 . And it's not OD loads. Just tarped steel. Landstar pays you 73% on flatbed. So do some calculation .

I wouldn't call that a "good buy". LOL

OHHHHH......was that the name of your truck? What are you doin kissing your truck? I sure hope you washed it first. At least it was a she. LOL

So where do you work now?

Spent 3 months at Lone star transportation , pretty good place for flatbed drivers, but now pulling reefer coast to coast for a friend of mine.almost ready to get another truck , maybe two more months.lone star would be a good place to go as o/o . But I'm not sure if they take me back since a was a company driver.

Well, once you added in all accessorial pay, it was quite a bit higher. I was netting $5k per week when I left. I thought about Landstar, but decided to get my own authority.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread